More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Hi all,

I wonder if you could help. I am thinking of buying Audiolense for my two channel setup and have two questions.

First I’m slightly confused which version to buy. I want to perform the best possible frequency and timing corrections on my speakers, but I don’t need to create crossovers. Will AL2.0 work for me or should I get XO for its TTD and pre-ringing correction?

Secondly, is it possible to export a single, stereo WAV file from Audiolense containing all corrections for both speakers - as is possible in REW?

Many thanks,

James

Last edited:

2234rew

First I’m slightly confused which version to buy. I want to perform the best possible frequency and timing corrections on my speakers, but I don’t need to create crossovers. Will AL2.0 work for me or should I get XO for its TTD and pre-ringing correction?

While waiting for Bernt to reply, my own advice (only as a user, not an expert) is yes get XO version for its TTD correction - since you stated you want time domain corrections.

I started with AL with a system like you descriibe and then moved to DIY DSP crossover system later (I ripped the passive crossover out of the speakers).

Even when they were passive speakers at the start, XO version's TTD correction made a really great improvement (to my ears) - compared with use frequency domain correction alone.

Secondly, is it possible to export a single, stereo WAV file from Audiolense containing all corrections for both speakers - as is possible in REW?

The format that you need to export from Audiolense will depend on what format/s your convolver requires as an input.

Which music playback software / convolver are you using? Do you know what format they require?

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Many thanks, I use Convology XT plugin in Audirvana and SoundSource on a Mac. It takes WAV files.

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
As 2234rrw said, Audiolense xo is the right version for you.
Thanks Bernt - just wondering about the export function as well. Sorry this is probably a really basic question, but can the filters for both speakers be exported as a single WAV file to load into the convolver?

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Great, thanks

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Hi - I’ve been experimenting with the Audiolense XO trial and the results aren’t what I expected.

I’ve created a target curve the same as I use in REW EQ, and measured using a single mic placement as recommended, but when I applied the TTD-correction to a clip of Radiohead, the vocal is hard to place and somewhat to the right.

With REW-generated EQ filters on the same song, the overall sound is slightly harsher, but the vocal is well-defined and dead centre.

Is there anything you can suggest? Maybe sweeps with the mic at multiple points?

Many thanks,

James

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
It sounds like there may be timing issues with the measurement you’ve taken.

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
I took the measurements with Audiolense using a UMIK with calibration file. My chain was:

UMIK > USB > Audiolense (running on Windows with 2.2 Ghz quad core i7 processor and 16GB RAM, using ASIO drivers) > USB > RME ADI-2 Pro FS R > XLR > Genelec monitors.

Where might a timing error have been introduced? Could there be a room reflection that would impact the measurement?

I also noticed that the post-measurement calculated plot introduced huge and wide cuts in the high frequencies above 10khz that weren't there in the measured plot - what might have caused Audiolense to do that?

2234rew

I took the measurements with Audiolense using a UMIK with calibration file. My chain was:

UMIK > USB > Audiolense (running on Windows with 2.2 Ghz quad core i7 processor and 16GB RAM, using ASIO drivers) > USB > RME ADI-2 Pro FS R > XLR > Genelec monitors.

Where might a timing error have been introduced? Could there be a room reflection that would impact the measurement?

I also noticed that the post-measurement calculated plot introduced huge and wide cuts in the high frequencies above 10khz that weren't there in the measured plot - what might have caused Audiolense to do that?

Have you tried using ASIO4ALL?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
It should be ok. But your verdict sounded like not ok. Have you compared with a pure frequency correction?

Top Bottom