Outputting Impulse Responses for FIR on EverSolo DMP-A8

PassionforSound

Registered
Hi all, I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me with a weird issue so I can make a video to help folks with the DMP-A8. I'll try to summarise the situation briefly:
  1. Measure speakers using UMIC-1 (all good)
  2. Create appropriate filter settings in REW (all good)
  3. Export filter settings as impulse response and upload into DMP-A8 (all good)
    ...then things get weird (or I'm doing it wrong)...
  4. Take the original filter settings into rePhase to produce a linear phase version of the filters (all good)
  5. Export 32-bit IEEE wav from rePhase for the L & R channels respectively (all good)
  6. Import the impulse responses back into REW and everything looks OK
  7. Export the new impulse responses as wav files for the DMP-A8, but the A8 DSP gets all screwy
I can't for the life of me work out what is going wrong between importing the rePhase version into REW and outputting it again for upload to the DMP-A8.

Here's what the FIRs straight from REW look like:

2023-12-21 10.50.55.jpg

Here's what happens when I go out to rePhase, back into REW and then export the IR as a wav. The left channel is the rePhase/REW version (that looks like an impulse response displayed as dBFS) and the right is the original REW version before rePhase.
2023-12-21 10.51.09.jpg

One final point to mention is that the same process that's not working for the DMP-A8 is working perfectly in Roon. Any suggestions of what I need to look at/do differently?

Last edited:

cachitongo

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer Elite SC-35
DAC
Eversolo DMP-A8
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP-BX58
Front Speakers
Focal Aria 906
Subwoofers
HSU Research
Other Speakers or Equipment
Upgraded Crossovers from GR Research
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal, Apple Music
Other Equipment
Music Hall 2.2 LE with Ortofon Blue cartridge
Did you get this figured out? I have a DMP-A8 and want to set this up via REW but haven't tried yet. I've never used it before as I currently am using the room correction software but am planning on moving to a 2 channel amp that doesn't have room correction. Curious to know how this worked out for you!!

PassionforSound

Registered
Did you get this figured out? I have a DMP-A8 and want to set this up via REW but haven't tried yet. I've never used it before as I currently am using the room correction software but am planning on moving to a 2 channel amp that doesn't have room correction. Curious to know how this worked out for you!!

Unfortunately, I got no replies here and failed to find anything elsewhere. The good news is that you can still make excellent filters without going via rePhase. It's not quite as good as what I can achieve via rePhase and then Roon / JRiver, but excellent. I went through the process here if it helps (apologies if you're already all over this):

Top Bottom