Optimal crossover point for my measurements

2234rew

On my M1 Mac I have less overall latency. I can operate with smaller buffers. The convolver itself has the same latency. I am using Jriver into Element (convolver host) into MOTU pro audio interface. The audio is routed from Jriver to Element with Loopback software from Rogue Amoeba.

Nice, I was mistaking "filter length" that X-MCFX convolver shows for latency.

Indeed for me 65k tap filter (1.7s length, not delay) works wonderfully with minimum phase target and min phase crossover and TTD off

Zero latency added, no lip sync issues at all

I'll experiment with a little added TTD too, keeping everything else minimum phase and crossover. See if there's any lip sync

Last edited:

hulkss

You could try the host buffer size at 256 and then the same for the first convolver partition. It's a fairly big change to the overall latency now that you're getting latency down to size.

2234rew

You could try the host buffer size at 256 and then the same for the first convolver partition. It's a fairly big change to the overall latency now that you're getting latency down to size.

I'm using a Denon AVR as multichannel DAC (in Pure Direct mode of course).

There's no tool to change host buffer size is there?

With my Focusrite interface I can using Focusrite control panel program but for an AVR, I can't find.

hulkss

Change it in the convolver host (Element?). It's a setting in preferences. Restart the app after changing.

2234rew

Change it in the convolver host (Element?). It's a setting in preferences. Restart the app after changing.

Thanks, I missed this.

Were you able to do add any TTD at 65k or 32k with no lip sync issue?

Or you need to keep TTD off?

2234rew

TTD has to be off for low latency in my experience.

I may be mis-remembering here but I though I read on the old forum that @juicehifi wrote it MAY be possible with a small amount (small subwindow?) of TTD correction?

Please correct my memory Bernt if I'm wrong there.

Like this below? Just TTD, not 'per driver'.

I'll try listening later but the step response simulation looks as ugly as expected with such a small subwindow

I will try when I'm home

hulkss

You can not do time correction without latency. We can not push correction into the future, we can only correct or align time issues with delays.

What we need is a way to delay streaming video. That fixes the issue with movies, however, real-time gaming needs low latency.

Top Bottom