Old School Equalizers

Stonewall

Registered
I'm trying to use REW to setup my old school Carvin EQ2030 with my system. The manual for which is here. The manual says the type of filters are "Active bandpass filters (no inductors). I don't see that type of filter in the EQ Filters Panel of REW. I also don't see any Q values in the Carvin manual. How can I set up the REW Filters Panel so it will spit out numbers for my specific EQ?

Tony V.

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX RZ920
Main Amp
Samson Servo 600
Additional Amp
QSC MX1500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic 220
Front Speakers
EV Sentry 500
Center Channel Speaker
EV Sentry 500
Surround Speakers
Mission 762
Surround Back Speakers
Mission 762
Subwoofers
SVS PB13u
Video Display Device
Panasonic AE 8000
Remote Control
Logitech 1100
Streaming Subscriptions
Denon DT 625 CD/Tape unit, Nintendo WiiU, and more
Ok so your EQ is a 1/3 OCTAVE EQUALIZER so you would input that info into REW 1/3 Octave is standard so REW should automatically give you what filters you need to use.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Ok so your EQ is a 1/3 OCTAVE EQUALIZER so you would input that info into REW 1/3 Octave is standard so REW should automatically give you what filters you need to use.

Tony do you know something I don't about how to get REW to spit out 1/3 octave bands? The only way I've ever been able to do this is to manually set the PEQ's to match 1/3 octave EQ bands and entering values.

Tony V.

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX RZ920
Main Amp
Samson Servo 600
Additional Amp
QSC MX1500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic 220
Front Speakers
EV Sentry 500
Center Channel Speaker
EV Sentry 500
Surround Speakers
Mission 762
Surround Back Speakers
Mission 762
Subwoofers
SVS PB13u
Video Display Device
Panasonic AE 8000
Remote Control
Logitech 1100
Streaming Subscriptions
Denon DT 625 CD/Tape unit, Nintendo WiiU, and more
Matt, Im going to have to look at my REW tonight. I was sure there was the option but I could be wrong

EarlK

Stonewall,

The most straightforward approach here is to run Pink Periodic ( from REW's Generator ) through your system all the while monitoring REW's RTA window > while looking for areas you want/need to adjust.

Once you've determined an area that needs adjusting move the appropriate fader on your Carvin Eq until that frequency area is flat ( or whatever level else you may choose ).

That's it ! Anything else ( involving REW's auto-EQ function ) is a needless complication.

:)

Top Bottom