Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Home made Transmission line
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
Just set up my MiniDSP HD 2x4 and downloaded software for it and REW. The DSP is working and I set up my bi amp speaker crossover with no problem. I also have a Umik-1 which is connected and working. My problem is I can not figure out how to configure REW so that I get an output signal to my speakers. When I go to generator or SPL I hear nothing. It's probably something simple but I haven't figured it out. I am running Windows 10. Let me know if you need any more info. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

EarlK

You'll need///want to read some of the self-help guides that are available here..

Click the pic ( to get to the pictured links );

Screenshot 2021-02-08 061126.png

:)

Last edited:

TGF05354

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
I have looked at these and am still confused. Do I use java or asio4all? My windows10 control panel is different from what I am seeing in the articles. I am not using hdmi. Straightforward stereo setup. I can get the signal generator to output to my laptop speakers, but not to the minidsp. I am guessing it is an output configuration/driver issue.

Last edited:

EarlK

Did you ( Register your unit with miniDSP+ then ) download and install the ASIO drivers for your 2x4 HD1 ?

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
Can you give me a little more info as this could be my issue. I bought the minidsp hd 2x4 used. I am registered on the minidsp website, but I don't see where you register the unit. I downloaded the ASIO directly from their website. I'm sure I'm just a few clicks away from getting this going.

Thanks

EarlK

If you have already downloaded and installed the available ASIO driver then you have also installed the necessary WDM driver that's needed for JAVA operation.

After selecting JAVA ( in the Preferences window ) you will discover all the available//usable audio device choices ( found within the clickable drop-down menus ) which will allow you to configure your inputs + outputs to look something like this;

umik-rew-preferences.png

If miniDSP 2X4HD is not listed as a possible Output Device [( within the dropdown menu ) and the unit is computer connected via its USB cable], then you haven't actually installed the necessary ASIO/WDM drivers ( and of course you will need to do so ).

Last edited:

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
The screen shot is exactly how I initially configured my preferences and how it is currently configured. I have confirmed I have current Java on my computer. Still no sound from my speakers. What WDM driver should I have and where can I download it from? I appreciate your help. I usually don't have these kind computer issues.

EarlK

Assuming you're not pulling my leg ( and your REW i/o preferences are setup correctly ) then one possible signal road-block could be the 2x4HD unit itself.

2x4-hd-twoway-software-flow.png

Note: the user selectable input ( seen in the above picture ).

Last edited:

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
I am absolutely not pulling your leg. I am sure the minihd is hooked up correctly as I can listen to my stereo and can confirm that my bi amping crossover setup is working by switching off each amp separately and hearing each speaker output. For whatever reason my computer is not sending the signal to the minihd. If I open my sound mixer I can see that the generator is producing a signal. Still feel I am missing a driver.
Here is a screen shot of my preference screen.

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
I think this is my problem.

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
Did some more digging and found the drivers in my downloads. Now I show this, but still no sound from speakers.

EarlK

Well, Okay.

Seems you're finally making some headway by loading ( & choosing to use ) the correct USB drivers for your device.

You'll also want to make sure that your 2x4HD has the correct input type selected ( USB, changed from Analog if currently selected ) from within your 2x4HD's configuration software ( plugin ).
- Also, don't forget to unmute it's inputs.

miniDSP_Input-Select_.png

miniDSP 2x4HD OM ( pdf )

Last edited:

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 isobaric woofers
YES that fixed it. Great thanks so much for you patience with me.

sam_adams

I am absolutely not pulling your leg. I am sure the minihd is hooked up correctly as I can listen to my stereo and can confirm that my bi amping crossover setup is working by switching off each amp separately and hearing each speaker output. For whatever reason my computer is not sending the signal to the minihd. If I open my sound mixer I can see that the generator is producing a signal. Still feel I am missing a driver.
Here is a screen shot of my preference screen.
View attachment 39185

You are using version 5.19 of REW. To facilitate members here in helping with your issues, you should update to the latest release candidate, 5.20RC5.

TGF05354

More  
Acoustat TNP preamp
Main Amp
Adcom5400
Additional Amp
Adcom5400
Rotel CD player
Front Speakers