New to REW

TEH725

Registered
Hi I am new to REW. Working with the Mac version and a Dayton Audio USB mic. I have watched some of the basic tutorial videos on Youtube, but I am not seeing that much on interpretation. Is there a resource to help me interpret my results and/or can you help me here on this forum, and if so, what would make that process the most efficient for you?

I've included my measurements. The first measurement is what I am listening to. Then I have one without subwoofer and super tweeter, a right, left version and one with the sub in reverse phase.

Attachments

• Room measurements position 2.mdat
    17.2 MB · Views: 7

sam_adams

First thing to do is to update to the latest release candidate. RC4 works fine on 10.11.6. @John Mulcahy posted a version of RC4 that fixes a dropout issue on Macs which you should probably use. Then remeasure with a higher output level so you are getting at least 75dB SPL. Also, use the acoustic timing reference when doing your measurements. The REW help file for the beta and RC releases is online. There is a disscussion on AVS regarding using REW on a Mac. The version of macOS in the linked discussion is newer than 10.11.6 but the basics still apply.

Top Bottom