Need help

So far I used JRiver and the Hang Loose convolver to play music and it works flawlessly. Now I plan to subscribe to a streaming service.
JRiver is less suitable for that, so I took out a trial license for Audirvana.
I can't get Audivarna to work with the Hangloose convolver.
Two channels works fine, but with the six I need, nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong or can Audirvana not handle more channels?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Mitchco has to answer the HL part.

I’ve had a close look at Audirvana. It has some issues that may surface or not, depending on your configuration. Roon is better, but the best I’ve encountered is Qobus.

Mitchco

Hi Cornelis, there is a bug with Audirvana with HLC. However, there is a workaround. Can you contact me at mitch (at) accuratesound.ca Thanks.

Last night I received an email saying that the problems with the integration of the HL convolver have been solved. Just before going to sleep, computer stuff isn't such a good idea.
This morning I immediately started things with the idea that this would take a while. To my surprise everything worked immediately.
Thank you so much Mitch and Antoine.
Sincerely, Cornelius

Now that HLC works in Audirvana and I have access to hires material thanks to a Qobuz subscription, I wonder what the best format is to store .cfg files; 44.1kHz or 96kHz?
The measurement was done with a sample rate of 96 kHz.

Mitchco

Hi Cornelis,

It depends... One way is to put a range of sample rate filters in a directory and based on Audirvana's sample rate, HLC will automatically load the matching sample rate filter. Or another way is to put the 96 kHz sample rate filter and .cfg file in a separate directory and HLC will resample the filter based on Audirvana's host sample rate.

You could try an experiment where one directory has all sample rates and the other directory just the 96 kHz sample rate filter and while listening to music, switch between the two filterbanks to see if you prefer one over the other.

Kind regards,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for your help. I have a family weekend now, but as soon as I can, I'll get started with your tips

Hi Mitch,
Today I started working with your directions, but probably not well. I put the 4 Audiolense cfg formats (including wav files) in a zip file and loaded it into the convolver. Only the 44.1kHz file was loaded. What am I doing wrong?

Mitchco

Hi Cornelis,

If you are using .cfg files, then they need to be in a folder, not in a .zip file. Zipped file only works for stereo. For multichannel, .cfg files are required, but not zipped.

Kind regards,
Mitch

Mitchco

Sorry Cornelis on vacation this week... Let's say you have a folder with .cfg files and matching .wav's from 44.1 to 384 kHz and everything inbetween. Simply load one of the .cfg files, any one will do. Now play music. HLC will automatically load the correct .cfg file based on the source music sample rate in Audirvana. So if 44.1 kHz music is playing, then a 44.1 kHz filter will be loaded. If the next song is 192 kHz, then HLC will load the 192 kHz filter. Hope that helps.

Hi Mitch,
Sorry I bothered you on your vacation.
I didn't expect the solution to be so simple. It works perfectly.
My heartfelt thanks. Have a nice continuation of your holiday.
Cornelis

Top Bottom