Need help with 1.3 convolver

david yost

Hello all,

I am trying to update to the 1.3 convolver and load up my new license, and thought I had done it correctly, but the convolver will not load a correction file. The last version worked fine until I needed to restart my computer. Have I dropped the license in the wrong place, perhaps? Please help!

David

david yost

This is what I get after I try to load a correction file.

There should be 4 output channels to the gigaport.

david yost

I played around and reinstalled 1.3 and was able to get the .alc correction file to load and the convolver now shows the correct 4 channel output. However, it tells me that the soundcard isn't available. I haven't disconnected the gigaport or changed any settings. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

David

david yost

I am using AL6.6. I have a vague memory of reading that the current convolver might not work with older versions of AL. Is this true and should I upgrade? Will my current convolution files be usable with 6.16?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have discovered recently that there are some issues with how the convolver updates the shown information. But if you restart the player the convolver should work if the settings correction and sound card are OK.

Also, it looks like you have some windows update coming in. These can often lead to the strangest PC behavior, so every time I experience something strange I restart the PC and let it complete the Windows upgrade and problems tend to disappear as suddenly as they appeared.

I am working on a new convolver release, btw.

david yost

Hello Bernt,

I fear that I have played around with the file structure and damaged the convolver, so I'm going to try to get it to a pre update restore point. If all else fails, I can wipe this computer and do a fresh install. I'm going on holiday soon, so perhaps the new convolver will be ready when I get back. Thanks for your help,

David

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I would have settled for completing the windows reinstall and perhaps deleting the convolver config file (c://program data//juice hifi//audiolense convolver//al.ini ... and see how it goes.

david yost

I reinstalled windows, both AL XO programs and licenses -- everything is now working!

david yost

Unfortunately, there seems to be something else going on. The system quit and I'm back to red in the convolver and can't get it to work -- very frustrating.

Top Bottom