Missing measurements in mdat file

selim

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
minidsp
Hi,

I did several freq. response measurements and saved all of them in one file. Days later, when I open the file, all but one of the measurements are missing. The file is 46MB, so it looks like the measurements are in the file somewhere, but I just can't see them. The file is attached. Does anyone have the same issue? Any solutions you can recommend?

Best,

Selim

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
You probably exited REW without specifically saving all the data. When you exit, you will be prompted to save, or exit without saving. Which is which isn't clear unless you read the text. Us poor-eyesight folks need to be paying attention. :)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Too large to attach, you'll have to provide a link to the file or try zipping it and attaching the zipped file if small enough.

selim

Registered
More  
minidsp
I saved, exited, came back and opened the file. Everything was there. Then a week later, I opened the same file, and all measurements were missing except for one.

selim

Registered
More  
minidsp
Since I don't have a minimum of 10 posts yet, the system doesn't allow me to put a download link as an anti-spam measure I suppose. I will try to send you the link via DM.

I sent the link via DM without the https header in front.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Unfortunately there is only one measurement in that file, and it only takes up the first 1.9 MB or so. The beginning of the file has the measurement count (and preview icon(s)) and there are no other measurements in it. It is almost like a single mdat file was saved over an existing larger file but somehow retaining the original's size. Some sort of file system corruption, perhaps.

sm52

Some sort of file system corruption,
I observed similar behavior in myself. Like that. I took 5 measurements. I saved everything in one file. It turned out to be a large file. The forum did not want to accept such a large file. I deleted 3, saved. But the file remained almost the same size.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I observed similar behavior in myself. Like that. I took 5 measurements. I saved everything in one file. It turned out to be a large file. The forum did not want to accept such a large file. I deleted 3, saved. But the file remained almost the same size.
That looks to be an unwanted side effect of a change made in May to speed up saving to network files. If the file exists already it won't be truncated to the required size. I'll fix that for the next build.

selim

Registered
More  
minidsp
Thank you all.

selim

Registered
More  
minidsp
BTW, I do not remember deleting all the measurements in the file. I remember deleting a few measurements and then saving the file. It doesn't make any sense that there is only one remaining measurement if that's the case.

Top Bottom