minor thing about bringing a window to top

thothsong

On Windows 10, I have the "on top" preferences disabled. If I start up REW V5.20.9 with no input or output device selected, and click on SPL Meter, Generator, or Scope, the new window momentarily flashes up, but then the main window immediately gets brought to top. If I then click on a section of the partially obscured secondary window, it again momentarily flashes on top, but then the main window immediately gets brought to top again. Unless the main window itself is also partially obscured, in which case the secondary window correctly comes to top. But if I click on the secondary window's icon in the task bar, it always gets properly brought to top and stays there.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That looks to be a side effect of the focus subsystem. When those tools are selected REW tries to move the focus to the on/off button for them, so they can be immediately started/stopped, but if there is no device selection the on/off button is disabled. Not sure why that should push them into the background, but I'll make a change to not try and set the focus in that case.

Top Bottom