Mic on the notebook's external USB audio card is not recognized by REW

Praba

Please look at https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO/blob/master/CONFIGURATION.md about config file.
The FlexASIO.toml in your user folder (as mentioned in the above link) should have channels = 8, in your case, under the [output] section. Please check that.
You will also have ensure that the [input] section enables your microphone through the USB. For a stereo mic, you will need channels = 2 in the [input] section.
Read the section on these in the link above.
You can create the toml file with a text editor like notepad.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you are using ASIO4All make sure the devices that are selected in the ASIO4All control panel are all set to use the same sample rate in the "Default format" setting on the Advanced tab of the Windows audio properties for the devices. If devices are selected that are set to different sample rates ASIO4All can have data overruns or underruns, causing resync requests which generate the error you saw.

Praba

# File generated by REW V5.20 Beta 60
# Use WASAPI as the PortAudio host API backend.
backend = "Windows WASAPI"
# Set the output to WASAPI Exclusive Mode.
wasapiExclusiveMode = true
bufferSizeSamples = 1024

[input]
device = "Microphone (Umik-1 Gain: 18dB )"
channels = 2

[output]
device = "marantz-AVR (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)"

# Open the hardware output device with 8 channels. This is only required if you
# are unhappy with the default channel count.
# channels = 8

Sacenti

Hi Praba! I finally managed to get rid of the problem ... Thanks to the help of you, John Mulcahy and Praba.
After studying all the pipeline described there in the link you showed me, I got a clear explanation of how flexASIO uses BACKEND I understood what was happening in my settings.
What led me to the solution was actually a set of procedures when I use REW-ASIO-HDMI that I follow now so as not to have any surprises again. The additional procedures are very simple, after you follow Austin's tutorial, do this too:
1. Use your PC only to run REW - ASIO - disable the rest - no whatsApp on, or youtube on, or internal mic on, etc ... nothing that has sound
2. In the Windows Audio application, disable everything and only enable the HDMI output (AVR) and the line USB card input ... do not leave speakers, mic in and other peripherals connected .... it was this change that made a big difference on ASIO. I took all the chances of ASIO to make its own pipeline ... When I entered Windows audio and disabled (disable is not the same as not selecting) all devices, ASIO showed a new behavior.
4. Now I can use the Chinese USB card and also the sound blaster, regardless of the notebook model - Vostro or Latitude.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me.

Sacenti

I ask how can I access more than 7.1 channels with REW-ASIO? For example, Audissey (2012) launched 11.2 channels (F - C - Wide - Heith - SR - R) embedded in Marantz and Denon, how do I do that now that Windows only enables 7.1? Is there an 11.2 api to download on Windows? I would appreciate a suggestion!

Sacenti

Hi John! I finally managed to get rid of the problem ... Thanks to the help of you, John and Praba, a new member of the forum who was immediately available since he suffered from a problem like mine.
Praba took me on the site https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO/blob/master/CONFIGURATION.md and after studying all the pipeline described there and a clear explanation of how flexASIO uses BACKEND I understood what was happening in my settings.
What led me to the solution was actually a set of procedures when I use REW-ASIO-HDMI that I follow now so as not to have any surprises again. The additional procedures are very simple, after you follow Austin's tutorial, do this too:
1. Use your PC only to run REW - ASIO - disable the rest - no whatsApp on, or youtube on, or internal mic on, etc ... nothing that has sound
2. In the Windows Audio application, disable everything and only enable the HDMI output (AVR) and the line USB card input ... do not leave speakers, mic in and other peripherals connected .... it was this change that made a big difference on ASIO. I took all the chances of ASIO to make their own pipeline ... When I entered Windows audio and disabled all devices (disable is not the same as not selecting), ASIO showed a new behavior.
4. Now I can use the Chinese USB card and also the sound blaster, regardless of the notebook model - Vostro or Latitude.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me.

Sacenti

I ask how can I access more than 7.1 channels with REW-ASIO? For example, Audissey (2012) launched 11.2 channels (F - C - Wide - Heith - SR - R) embedded in Marantz and Denon, how do I do that now that Windows only enables 7.1? Is there an 11.2 api to download on Windows? I would appreciate a suggestion!

Top Bottom