Measurement With A Home Theatre Front Right/Left/Centre

Trdat

I added a centre speaker in speaker setup.

Should Audiolense detect each speaker through the test speaker connection?

Does having my Marantz connected through a digital to analogue converter make any difference?

Have a missed something?

The centre speaker is not being detected and I am also getting to many channels for the soundcard. Usually, without the centre added input with my soundcard and output through the digital analouge converter to my Marantz yields normal detection.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
No, you do not need to use the check speaker connection feature.

Do you have 3 output channels from the pc?

Have you configured Audiolense for three speakers?

Trdat

Do you have 3 output channels from the pc?

Have you configured Audiolense for three speakers?

No, its a home theatre AV. So its more like a 2 channel correction with an added centre speaker.

I have configured Audiolense for three speakers but that may be for a tri-amp having a seperate DAC for each channel. What I need is to have a centre channel from an AV corrected.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You can’t Correct a center speaker without feeding it from a separate channel out of the pc.

Trdat

You can’t Correct a center speaker without feeding it from a separate channel out of the pc.

Fair enough, makes sense. I would have thought they would have been a work around but yes you need a seperate channel and DAC for each feed.

Thanks.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
yes, there are workarounds for subwoofers when they are integrated with the main speakers. That basically works the same way as correcting a speaker with passive crossovers. But a separate speaker needs a separate feed.

Top Bottom