Loop back MiniDSP to REW

Obi

Registered
Newbie here. Received these obtuse instructions from MiniDSP on how to use REW to help identify lost crossover parameters stored on the DSP bored. I can't make heads or tails of it and searches for my info using some of their key terms aren't producing results. I'll share what they've advised before communication broke down, and if anyone can link to a tutorial or further info on how exactly (in terms for someone with little experience) to do what they're suggesting, it'll be greatly appreciated.

"Here is one way you could try to recover your setup but note that you may want to use someone with maybe some knowledge of PC/REW to do this as it's outside our support structure.
a) Use REW with your PC to run a transfer function (i.e. loop back of the 2x4 from your PC) of the DSP configuration that is loaded inside that good 2x4 kit that you built. You'll know what the overall response is for each in/out.
b) Use another 2x4 board and load your configuration one at a time. Try to see if one of them match the response you're seeing on REW."

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can select the miniDSP as the output and input device and work your way through the output (L/R) and each input (1 - 4 representing the 4 outputs of the miniDSP) and measure the combinations you are interested in. You only need the USB connection to the miniDSP. The miniDSP needs to be configured with "USB" as the input. Example below.

1697893607648.png

Reactions: Obi

Obi

Registered
Thank you, John Mulcahy. Giving it a go. Posted this query to the MiniDSP folks without such a clear response/example in return. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom