Klipsch Jubilees & Sub

vego99

Registered
Hi Everyone.

I've been lurking on here for a while and wanted some guidance on how I should move forwarded with Audiolense DSP with my Klipsch Jubilees and Subwoofer.

Off the bat, I know I need to get a Lynx Hilo ( USB or Thunderbolt?). What else will I need to move forward?

I'm pretty competent with setting my Xilica DSP with the proper PEQ's with REW but this is a new ball game for me.

Thinking I want to utilize both HQPlayer and Roon so I can utilize Tidal and Qobuz and vinyl.

In the past I wanted to be Mac OS based but open to moving to PC based if it makes things easier.

Looking forward to the responses and assistance!

Mitchco

Hi @vego99 here is a thread that you may have seen before, but has some of the answers you are looking for:

vego99

Registered
@Mitchco ,

Thank you for responding.

I'm familiar with this thread and have spoken to Rob briefly about this but I am still a little confused about the making the switch and how to implement everything.

I'm a pretty smart guy when it comes to this stuff and have done a pretty good job of learning REW and dialing things in with my current setup but this whole concept of moving to full computer based DSP has me spinning.

I already have a dedicated server running Roon which I guess i could drop Audiolense files into for the convolution... but I think i'm confused about the whole measurement thing and loopback function.

Do i build a second dedicated PC to run Audiolense / HQplayer/ Jriver? If purchasing a quality measurement mic like a earthworks M23r, is a separate mic preamp needed, or will the Hilo be able to accept that mic for measurement?

Any help guidance would be great.

Thanks again for responding.

Mitchco

@Mitchco

Do i build a second dedicated PC to run Audiolense / HQplayer/ Jriver? If purchasing a quality measurement mic like a earthworks M23r, is a separate mic preamp needed, or will the Hilo be able to accept that mic for measurement?

Thanks again for responding.
Thanks for purchasing my book. No, you do not require a 2nd computer. Yes, you need a separate mic preamp as most ADC's including the Hilo is expecting line level signals.

Here are a couple of Audiolense articles to get you started here and here. I also have a video walk through of using Audiolense here.

As you may know from Rob, I offer a DSP calibration service that walks you though the end to end process as there is a lot to consider. The service also comes with one or more video tutorials on getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. Totally cool if you aren't interested. Hopefully others will chime in and assist.

Good luck!

Top Bottom