Earfonia

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo A-9010
Front Speakers
B&W Matrix 805
Hi!

I would like to request some improvement on Impedance display. With V5.20.4 the maximum impedance value that can be displayed is 1000 ohms. I recently measured Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen impedance, and it peaks at around 1480 ohms. The peak clipped on the display due to the 1000 ohms maximum limit. Could it be please increased to 2000 ohms?
Thank you!

Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen.png

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Can I suggest you go to the 'Limits' tab on the top right, and choose 'Fit to data' or select your own limits.

Earfonia

Registered
More  
Onkyo A-9010
Front Speakers
B&W Matrix 805
Can I suggest you go to the 'Limits' tab on the top right, and choose 'Fit to data' or select your own limits.

I tried that, still clipped at 1000 ohm cannot display more than 1000 ohm.
Thank you!

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Have you repeated a test using just your reference R, and another test using a short, and perhaps a test with a 10k resistor, to confirm your measurement setup is ok?

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Sorry - I forgot to say to check the 'use a log axis for impedance) in the measurement 'controls' pop-up window

sm52

A question for everyone. Do you think it is possible to use two resistors connected in parallel as Rsense? For example, two x 68 ohms = Rsense 39 ohms.

Earfonia

Registered
More  
Onkyo A-9010
Front Speakers
B&W Matrix 805
Have you repeated a test using just your reference R, and another test using a short, and perhaps a test with a 10k resistor, to confirm your measurement setup is ok?

Yes, I calibrated the measurement using multiple resistor reference: 600-ohm, 300-ohm, 32-ohm, 16-ohm, and 3-ohm. Impedance measurement for all those resistors are accurate.

Sorry - I forgot to say to check the 'use a log axis for impedance) in the measurement 'controls' pop-up window

Oh yeas this works, thank you!

Beyerdynamic T1 Impedance - Right.png

Earfonia

Registered
More  
Onkyo A-9010
Front Speakers
B&W Matrix 805
A question for everyone. Do you think it is possible to use two resistors connected in parallel as Rsense? For example, two x 68 ohms = Rsense 39 ohms.

I'm not an expert but theoretically I think is should be ok to use parallel resistors for Rsense

Top Bottom