IEMs, have you tried them, and what do you think?

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP S590 & Pioneer DV-610AV
Front Speakers
JTR NOESIS 210 RT - L/R mains
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Chase VS-18.1 x 2 - Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
h/k TC35C/Ortofon Super OM10/Pro-Ject Phono Box S
The GoodHertz Canopener sounds good to me. Credible. Pure, nothing fancy, just creates a comforting shift of the image to the front. Try it!

I've tried headphone/speaker DSP once, Sonnie and Wayne heard it, too. Was very convincing and even more impressive was that the focus was surround sound.

First we listened to a speaker array, some type of measurement was done that is specific to the individual listening, then the headphones were popped on.

I listen a lot at work, with a newer pair of AKGs that closely match the Harman curve, recommended to me by Sean Olive. I use many other eargears, including IEMs. To have the stereo SS&I pulled properly forward would be the bees knees.

This is worth the price of admission, eh?

DanDan

Staff member
I've tried headphone/speaker DSP once, Sonnie and Wayne heard it, too. Was very convincing and even more impressive was that the focus was surround sound.

First we listened to a speaker array, some type of measurement was done that is specific to the individual listening, then the headphones were popped on.

I listen a lot at work, with a newer pair of AKGs that closely match the Harman curve, recommended to me by Sean Olive. I use many other eargears, including IEMs. To have the stereo SS&I pulled properly forward would be the bees knees.

This is worth the price of admission, eh?
Which DSP impressed you? I have tried the Waves, truly awful, Acoustics, kinda real but nothing that I really preferred over nada. There is a simple plug in Monitor 112 or something like that, I liked. But Canopener seems very pure but also very tweakable. Every time I go back to it.... ah, something likeable.

Top Bottom