junukseo

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Laptop
DAC
E30
Hi,

I run a dance salon and have 8 amps and speakers made by various manufacturers.

Speakres placed like below screenshot.

And i recently purchased Dalton UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and installed REW.

Then I've done basic setup in REW.

I'm trying to tune 19.5m x 12m (2647ft²) rectangular room, but I can't find any guidelines for a large room.

Can someone let me know where and what should I get started from?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha CX-A5000 A/V Preamp / Processor
Main Amp
Yamaha RX-Z9 AV Receiver (as multichannel amp)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Denon DCT-3313 UDCI Universal Disc Player
Front Speakers
Canton Karat 920
Center Channel Speaker
Canton Karat 920
Front Wide Speakers
Realistic Minimus 7 (front EFX speakers)
Surround Speakers
Canton Plus D
Surround Back Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (front mains)
Front Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (surrounds)
Rear Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (sub)
Subwoofers
Hsu ULS-15 MKII
Other Speakers or Equipment
Adcom ACE-515 (for power management)
Video Display Device
Yamaha DT-2 (digital clock display)
Screen
Pioneer PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma TV
Remote Control
Stock Yamaha Remote
Streaming Equipment
Roku Express
Other Equipment
Audio Control R130 Real Time Analyzer
First, welcome to the Forum!

Practically speaking, there’s no good reason to measure a system like this, for a couple of reasons. It’s not a system for critical listening. And even if the measurement shows frequency response problems, it would require EQ capability for each different type of speaker you’re using (or at least for the ones you believe could use EQ).

Typically with a system like this, all you need is level matching.

If you’re interested in taking measurements of the different speaker types just so you can confirm how they perform, the best way would be to turn off the other speakers during the measurement. You can use the standard sine-wave sweep to measure. There’s no good reason to use RTA unless you are equalizing the speaker in real time.

Regards,
Wayne

junukseo

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Laptop
DAC
E30
First, welcome to the Forum!

Practically speaking, there’s no good reason to measure a system like this, for a couple of reasons. It’s not a system for critical listening. And even if the measurement shows frequency response problems, it would require EQ capability for each different type of speaker you’re using (or at least for the ones you believe could use EQ).

Typically with a system like this, all you need is level matching.

If you’re interested in taking measurements of the different speaker types just so you can confirm how they perform, the best way would be to turn off the other speakers during the measurement. You can use the standard sine-wave sweep to measure. There’s no good reason to use RTA unless you are equalizing the speaker in real time.

Regards,
Wayne

Dear Wayne

Thanks for answering! I read your comment and i completely agree for your opinion.

Being able to set up multiple speakers at one eq was a my stupid idea.

It's not listed in my body, I have two 31 band graphic equalizers (dual channel) and one 15 band graphic equalizer(dual channel).

Not all speakers can be set up perfectly, but i can adjust them in real time using EQ.

Additionally, I has 2 XO.

In this case, How do I start RTA?

Instead of turning on all speakers at the same time, is it better to divide it into 3 parts and measure 1/3 of them and then adjust them?

Thank you for your detailed answer.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha CX-A5000 A/V Preamp / Processor
Main Amp
Yamaha RX-Z9 AV Receiver (as multichannel amp)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Denon DCT-3313 UDCI Universal Disc Player
Front Speakers
Canton Karat 920
Center Channel Speaker
Canton Karat 920
Front Wide Speakers
Realistic Minimus 7 (front EFX speakers)
Surround Speakers
Canton Plus D
Surround Back Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (front mains)
Front Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (surrounds)
Rear Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (sub)
Subwoofers
Hsu ULS-15 MKII
Other Speakers or Equipment
Adcom ACE-515 (for power management)
Video Display Device
Yamaha DT-2 (digital clock display)
Screen
Pioneer PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma TV
Remote Control
Stock Yamaha Remote
Streaming Equipment
Roku Express
Other Equipment
Audio Control R130 Real Time Analyzer
So, four channels of EQ. Hopefully no more than four different speaker types!

I would connect the system so that each speaker type (i.e. brand name and model #) has a dedicated EQ channel.

Set the mic towards the center of the room several feet from the speaker to be measured. I prefer pointing the mic at the speaker. Only the speaker being measured should be active – turn the others off, even if they match the one being measured. See pic for suggested mic locations (red circles).

Focus only on the worst deviations in frequency response – for example, a nasty spike at 4 kHz, or a broad hump or depression. Probably should not apply more than about 6 dB of adjustment for any filter. Problems that are really bad, (say, more than 6 dB) you’ll have to be satisfied with an improvement, not completely eliminating.

Never hurts to get more opinions on a unique situation like this, so hopefully others will chime in with their suggestions.

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

• spaekress.jpg
    spaekress.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6

junukseo

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Laptop
DAC
E30
So, four channels of EQ. Hopefully no more than four different speaker types!

I would connect the system so that each speaker type (i.e. brand name and model #) has a dedicated EQ channel.

Set the mic towards the center of the room several feet from the speaker to be measured. I prefer pointing the mic at the speaker. Only the speaker being measured should be active – turn the others off, even if they match the one being measured. See pic for suggested mic locations (red circles).

Focus only on the worst deviations in frequency response – for example, a nasty spike at 4 kHz, or a broad hump or depression. Probably should not apply more than about 6 dB of adjustment for any filter. Problems that are really bad, (say, more than 6 dB) you’ll have to be satisfied with an improvement, not completely eliminating.

Never hurts to get more opinions on a unique situation like this, so hopefully others will chime in with their suggestions.

Regards,
Wayne

Dear Wayne.

As you said, I will try to measure and adjust equalizer only within the maximum +6db.

I really appreciate for your advice !!!

DanDan

Staff member
Do it all! i.e. It takes seconds to run the RTA and save it so......
I would measure each speaker quite close but far enough for the drivers to meld and an actual punter spot. This may show up anomalies. If there are sticking out peaks, why not Eq them down. As you do them all watch out for any recurring aspect. Then run them all and measure at multiple mic locations. This will give a sense of the room. It will most likely have a very strong lowest mode. Well worth cutting that with a narrow PEQ or graphic if on frequency. Waterfalls will clearly identify modes. You can run the Gennie with Frequency follows cursor to generate Sines at exactly the measured frequencies. Plus this slides the frequency very smoothly and finely. Light up a peak to make it very easy to cut using a narrow PEQ.

Top Bottom