How to create 2.0 filters from 7.1.4 Masurement

NMixes

Registered
Is it possible to create a new speaker setup from an already existing measurement?

I have a 7.1.4 measurement from my setup and I'm trying to create a simple stereo filter with Audiolense XO for when I'm only mixing in stereo and I dont need all 12 speakers aligned

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
The measurement is married to the speaker setup, but you can change how it is used to e.g. play stereo material.

You can configure it in the setup menu. The correction will still be a multi-channel file, but only the correction paths relevant for 2.0 playback will be used.

NMixes

Registered
The measurement is married to the speaker setup, but you can change how it is used to e.g. play stereo material.

You can configure it in the setup menu. The correction will still be a multi-channel file, but only the correction paths relevant for 2.0 playback will be used.

Oh ok, I understand. that's the way I'm using it right now, but since the 7.1.4 filter appears to have bigger overall latency, I wanted to create a new one with just those 2 channels for stereo operation with smaller latency.

I wanted to avoid measuring again in a new speaker setup in order to keep the exact same sound, but I guess I'll have to position the mic again and make both measurements.

Thank you Bernt!

Top Bottom