Computer Audio
2pc jplay Femto, Jriver, AO, MinorityClean
DAC
PS Audio Directstream
Front Speakers
Linkwitz LX521.4 w analog XO
Other Equipment
Jriver, AO, MC, miniDSP 4x10HD, Ati1506, Linkwitz LXmini+2
Hi folks I took this out of my previous post as it's more specific and hopefully will attract some answers with it's own header.

I want to from Jplay but have no luck getting it to work with AL Convolver so far. Has anyone tried with Jplay and got it to work?

ALC can see PS Audio as an output device but when selected it states "the soundcard does not support this format". This is unexpected as the PS Audio driver supports Asio, Wasapi and KS. The path is Jplay >>> ALC >>> PS Audio. I also tried various buffer sizes.

I also set up Asio4all just in case it helped. I selected ALC as output in Jplay Femto, Asio4all in ALC (no error message) and the PS Audio driver in Asio4all. So the path in this case is Jplay Femto (renderer) >>> ALC >>> Asio4all >>> PS Audio. Jplay appears to be playing the file as I see the progress bar incrementing in the player's control point on my tablet but it's not outputting sound.

Any help to get this working would be most appreciated

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Did you start jplay with Audiolense convolver as the selected sound card? It will start.

If you start the convolver on its own, and select a correction it will look for a stereo pair of inputs (typically) If your PS Audio unit only have outputs you will get this message.

However when you chose correction from the convolver version that starts with jplay, it will not look for input channels on the sound card, since the source is an internal source (jplay)

billgr

More  
Main Amp
ATI1806
Additional Amp
ATI1202
Computer Audio
2pc jplay Femto, Jriver, AO, MinorityClean
DAC
PS Audio Directstream
Front Speakers
Linkwitz LX521.4 w analog XO
Other Equipment
Jriver, AO, MC, miniDSP 4x10HD, Ati1506, Linkwitz LXmini+2
I'm not sure I completely understood this. It seems that you think it should work.

I started ALS manually and chose the convolution filter
Then started jplay and went into its settings and chose ALC.
Then selected PS Audio in ALC and got the error message.
Then tried to play a track in Jplay but it won't play.

Is there something wrong with this sequence?

I'll do some more tinkering...

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Read the convolver help-file. Maybe you will find something there.

Top Bottom