HDMI 7.1 output problems on Dell Inspiron 5579 laptop

thothsong

With REW 5.19 32-bit, I can get Generator to work for whichever speaker I try first, and I can stop and start the output just fine. But if I change the speaker selection, I no longer get any sound output until I restart REW. With REW 5.20 RC11 32-bit and 64-bit, it's similar but worse, in that once I stop the Generator I no longer get any sound output, even if I don't change the speaker selection. Windows 10 20H2, AISO4ALL 2.15 Beta 2, Intel Display Audio. Any suggestions?

thothsong

I gave FlexASIO a try, and it's even worse: when I no longer get sound, it seems I have to reboot the laptop, not just restart REW, to get sound again.

sam_adams

As a troubleshooting step, if you have the computer attached to your AVR through a front panel AUX HDMI port, try attaching it to one of the unused HDMI ports on the back of the device and see if you get better results.

thothsong

Thanks, that spurred me to look external to the laptop. I was routing through an HDFury Diva, and that appears to be causing the problem; if I bypass the Diva and go direct, things work as expected.

Top Bottom