StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
FireCube for movies and Lenova Carbon X1 for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
You want all of the speakers and subs to be at about 75db using the Denon test tones ... go to the Levels setting and it will play the test tones for each speaker. You should be able to set the volume no your subs to about 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock... then use the levels in the Denon to adjust the level to 75db.

Some will like their sub a few db hotter than all the other speakers. Bump up the volume on the subs while playing some music and stop where you like it. I sometimes have to adjust my sub volume in the Denon (coded into my remote) on different program material, different songs, etc. Bass is all over the place with various material.

Consider REW too... you really need to see what's going on with your bass in your room anyway.

kingofbravos

Registered
SVS PC12-NSD
Not sure what is going on? Basically the sub is not powering on most of the time, and when it is it does not appear to be putting out bass.
At first I though maybe one of the outlets in the room was out, but I changed outlets and still issue. The green power light doesn't stay on.
What could the issue be? Amp blown, some sort of fuse blown?

Hey @phillihp23 , I seem to be having the same issue with my subwoofer. Did you manage to figure out the problem with yours?

phillihp23

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
Hey @phillihp23 , I seem to be having the same issue with my subwoofer. Did you manage to figure out the problem with yours?

Not really. I assume the amp is dead. The sub has just been sitting there unplugged as it won’t even power on.Thanks for bringing it up. I need to buy a new amp for it …. A room with 3 corner amps just ain’t right.

phillihp23

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
Well I finally got around too dealing with my sub issue. Contacted SVS and they advised I change out the fuse. Sure enough the fuse was blown. Simple fix for a buck. The amp still doesn’t operate correctly…once turned on it continuously makes rumbling without any input at all. SVS advised the amp is likely bad. They set a replacement amp up too ship out to me. All communication with SVS were prompt (within 24 hrs from contact) and professional. They kindly and without question took care of me even though the subwoofer was a couple years past warranty. Their stellar reputation just continues into the far off future.

Top Bottom