Having a hard time getting BOTH AISO and/or EXCL working

djdanko1

Registered
I've spent hours trying to get this to work, so I can finally start taking measurements of my 5.2.4 setup. The only thing that I can get to work is the L/R and sub with standard Java, which does me no good.

I've read over all the posts I can find on here. Verified all my settings and nothing. I've tried 3 laptops, all with the same exact results. On my oldest laptop I got EXCL to work for a moment then it sounded like a quick pop and the sound went away. Couldn't to work again. The rest have no sound at all. When trying both AISO4all or flex I can eventually get sound, but it is very distorted. I tried all the different buffer sizes with no luck.

Can someone please help me!

Laptops: Surface Pro 9 win 11, HP Elitebook G6 win 10, Old Asus laptop win 10
AVR: Denon 3700h

thothsong

If you aren't already, try using the latest V5.20.14 build. Using the Java driver, with an EXCL device, use the instructions in that post to obtain a log file, to upload here. If you aren't using a rear HDMI port on the AVR, try using a rear port. Are you using an actual HDMI port on any of the laptops, or a USB-to-HDMI adapter?

djdanko1

Registered
Using the latest build. I tried both straight HDMI and USB-C to HDMI. Always using a rear port (DVD) on the AVR. I will get logs when I get home.

djdanko1

Registered
Here is the log from my surface pro. Thank you!

Attachments

• csjsound-lib -Surface.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 19

djdanko1

Registered
Attached is the log from my Hp Elitebook 840 G8

Attachments

• csjsound-lib - Elitebook.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 15

phofman

I wonder if that was the latest csjsound build.

@djdanko1 : please use the attached csjsound dll (added version info output), and set the log level to trace in -DcsjsoundLibLogLevel=trace . The trace output log will be probably quite long.

Attachments

• csjsound_amd64.dll.zip
    328.3 KB · Views: 15

djdanko1

Registered
I wonder if that was the latest csjsound build.

@djdanko1 : please use the attached csjsound dll (added version info output), and set the log level to trace in -DcsjsoundLibLogLevel=trace . The trace output log will be probably quite long.
So do I just copy this file to the REW directory? And do I add that line to the same place I did to originally enable logging?

phofman

So do I just copy this file to the REW directory?
Upon unzipping first. Just replace the existing dll file with this one.
And do I add that line to the same place I did to originally enable logging?
Edit the line you added so that it reads =trace instead of =debug. It will produce more detailed logs.

Last edited:

djdanko1

Registered
Suface now seems to be working. (any errors you see about low sound is becaues I had the mic in the back room. I didn't feel like moving it to the listening area if it wasn't going to work) attached is the trace anyway. Going to try the Hp G8 now.

Attachments

• csjsound-lib-Surface.zip
    340.2 KB · Views: 13

djdanko1

Registered
The G8 also worked, Very weird because I thought I had tried the new .dll from another post. Thanks for the help!! I'm excited to get started now.

phofman

Happy to hear all is working now. That really had to be some older version as the issue was fixed in June vhttps://github.com/pavhofman/csjsound-wasapi/commit/ee59abf96350fbf1bc2a6667802526942915444c . But the dll distributed with next REW build will report its latest commit to easily identify the version.

sm52

phofman

Hello. REW can use java driver for output and input devices in exclusive mode. This is a mode where the audio device cannot be used by anyone else. Right? Is this the same as wasapi? Or the same as wasapi event?

phofman

Wasapi event-driven mode is a method of using the API. The event-driven means the application thread waits for a wakeup event from the soundcard driver when complete buffer for/with new data is available, instead of periodically writing to/reading from the device the part of the buffer available at the moment of the call.

The EXCL mode in REW is wasapi exclusive event-driven.

sm52

If I select the Excl line, does that mean that no other audio device should access the audio data?

sm52

The EXCL mode in REW is wasapi exclusive event-driven.
Thanks for answers. I missed this answer of yours. By selecting excl mode on my system, I can play a file in foobar at the same time as REW is running. Which shouldn't happen. Therefore there were my questions.

sm52

To the same device? And do you hear the two tracks merged?
I can play the sweep tone file that the REW generator created in foobar while REW does the measurement in 'from file' mode.
In addition, when measured through the laptop's internal sound card and java-wasapi-exclusive, the impulse is negative. And through ASIO and an external sound card it is positive.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I can play the sweep tone file that the REW generator created in foobar while REW does the measurement in 'from file' mode.
REW does not use or access the output device when measuring in From file mode.

Top Bottom