Focusrite setup (no input signal)

Saibertin

Registered
Hey,

I'm using Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro.

I was trying to calibrate the EQ Romm Wizard, but when I follow the instruction, the software doesn't see any input (screenshot below).

focus-scr.png

Normally when I play using the same inputs, they work as they should inside my DAW, but the EQ Room Wizard somehow doesn't see it.

I contacted Focusrite asking about any specific card settings and they wrote "There shouldn't be any specific settings you need to apply in Mix Control. Mix Control will only deal with output routing, a signal sent into analogue input one will always appear on this input. "

Any advice? I would love to calibrate everything to correct the sound treatment of my room.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
Cheers

John Mulcahy

REW Author
So you have a loopback connection from output 5 to input 3? Soundcard cal won't actually be needed, it is mostly to check no monitoring is active.

Saibertin

Registered
So you have a loopback connection from output 5 to input 3?

Yes, exactly.

Soundcard cal won't actually be needed, it is mostly to check no monitoring is active.

Oh, I didn't know that. I am going to buy the Behringer ecm8000 mic to do the measurements properly and I want to make sure I don't spend money for no effect.

I will update to beta 8 and I will see.

Till then, any more suggestions would be great too.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Worth letting the output signal go to a monitor to make sure there is level on there, REW doesn't have any control of levels for ASIO so though the signal it is sending is at -12 dBFS it could be lowered or muted in the interface.

tngator

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
ART tube pre, focusrite scarlett , Cakewalk ByB
Main Amp
Mesa Boogie MK2
Hey,

I'm using Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro.

I was trying to calibrate the EQ Romm Wizard, but when I follow the instruction, the software doesn't see any input (screenshot below).

View attachment 22130

Normally when I play using the same inputs, they work as they should inside my DAW, but the EQ Room Wizard somehow doesn't see it.

I contacted Focusrite asking about any specific card settings and they wrote "There shouldn't be any specific settings you need to apply in Mix Control. Mix Control will only deal with output routing, a signal sent into analogue input one will always appear on this input. "

Any advice? I would love to calibrate everything to correct the sound treatment of my room.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
Cheers
Can I ask a very dumb question? I had this problem.....I forgot to turn on the phantom power for the mic....i know...stupid question but I thought id throw it out there.

Saibertin

Registered
No, it was not that.

I think I figured it out somehow by tweaking several settings.

Of course, thank you for the info ; )

tngator

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Mesa Boogie MK2
Hey glad you got it sorted. Im brand new to this and just joined. Im also turning knobs in hope for the best. My biggest challenge right now is......how the hell do i read the graphs? I havent a clue what is a good graph or a bad one.

Saibertin

Registered
"how the hell do i read the graphs? " - yep, that's a good one ;) I asked a friend about it and still not sure about this matter.

tngator

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Mesa Boogie MK2
I think...and no doubt Im most likely wrong on this..the idea is take a graph that looks the Appalachians and a Virginia coal mine and turn it into a series of low lying hills you take a Sunday stroll through. Well..i think so.

Top Bottom