Focusrite setup (no input signal)

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by Saibertin, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Saibertin

Saibertin New Member

Hey,

I'm using Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro.

I was trying to calibrate the EQ Romm Wizard, but when I follow the instruction, the software doesn't see any input (screenshot below).

[​IMG]

Normally when I play using the same inputs, they work as they should inside my DAW, but the EQ Room Wizard somehow doesn't see it.

I contacted Focusrite asking about any specific card settings and they wrote "There shouldn't be any specific settings you need to apply in Mix Control. Mix Control will only deal with output routing, a signal sent into analogue input one will always appear on this input. "

Any advice? I would love to calibrate everything to correct the sound treatment of my room.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
    Cheers

2. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

So you have a loopback connection from output 5 to input 3? Soundcard cal won't actually be needed, it is mostly to check no monitoring is active.

3. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

May as well update to beta 8, by the way.

4. Saibertin

Saibertin New Member

Yes, exactly.

Oh, I didn't know that. I am going to buy the Behringer ecm8000 mic to do the measurements properly and I want to make sure I don't spend money for no effect.

I will update to beta 8 and I will see.

Till then, any more suggestions would be great too.

Thanks

5. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Worth letting the output signal go to a monitor to make sure there is level on there, REW doesn't have any control of levels for ASIO so though the signal it is sending is at -12 dBFS it could be lowered or muted in the interface.