REW Beta Release Failure to load ASIO driver for Native Instruments' Komplete Audio 6 interface

assaftzur

Registered
Hello all,
I'm experiencing a failure to load ASIO drivers for Native Instruments' Komplete Audio 6 audio interface (the old version) in the Beta versions.
At first attempt to load this interface I'll get an error message "unable to load the driver for...Komplete Audio 6"
At second attempt the REW will crash.

I never had an issue with any of the official releases.
Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hello all,
I'm experiencing a failure to load ASIO drivers for Native Instruments' Komplete Audio 6 audio interface (the old version) in the Beta versions.
Which beta versions have you tried? Does that still happen after restarting the PC?

Could try uninstalling the beta and installing 5.19 to see whether that is still able to load the driver.

assaftzur

Registered
Hello John,
I have both 5.19 and 5.20 beta60 versions installed.
In 5.19 the driver works as expected, and loads perfectly.
The issue exists in the beta versions only. The computer was restarted.
That way, I have to perform the actual measurement on 5.19. I can open the files in the beta version.
Another thing I noticed though, that if I save the measurements file in the beta software I'm unable to re-open it in 5.19.
I don't know if this was intentional but worth mentioning.
Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The issue exists in the beta versions only. The computer was restarted.
Can you try earlier beta versions (from the History tab of the download page for your OS) to see if there is some particular beta at which it stops working?
That way, I have to perform the actual measurement on 5.19. I can open the files in the beta version.
Another thing I noticed though, that if I save the measurements file in the beta software I'm unable to re-open it in 5.19.
That is expected since elements of the mdat format have changed for 5.20.

assaftzur

Registered
Hello John,
I can confirm that Beta 59 produced the same failure.
Beta 7 which runs in 32bit (not a limitation to me) worked fine and worked with the Komplete Audio 6 as expected.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for clarification on limited backward compatibility.
Assaf

assaftzur

Registered
This audio interface works in ASIO with no issues with all my professional audio software (Studio One, Samplitude, Wavelab), all work in 64bit, so I don't believe there is an issue with the interface.
And by the way, I have tried the Beta 60 in 32bit which generated the same failure.

Assaf

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There may be some information in the log files, if you attach the zipped log folder from C:\Users\<your username>\REW I'll review it. Beyond that there isn't any way for me to know what is going on. You could try a binary search through previous beta versions to try and pin down where it stopped working, that could narrow down the potential causes.

assaftzur

Registered
Hi John,
Please find the zip file attached.
Hoped this helps.
Assaf

Attachments

• REW.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 22

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Nothing helpful in the log files unfortunately, just shows the driver failed to load and the ASIO API didn't give a reason. Is your interface the Mk2 version? I see there is a more recent driver for that one, from August.

assaftzur

Registered
Hello John,
I've downloaded and installed the new Beta version you released on both 64 and 32 version and rebooted the PC.
I'm still experiencing the same issue I'm afraid.
Assaf

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Didn't expect it to, unfortunately I have no idea what is causing the problem with the Komplete Audio 6 driver or what change may have triggered it.

assaftzur

Registered
That is unfortunate.
In the mean time I'll use the java drivers settings although it limits the audio channels I can use.
I hope that you'll be able figure it out at some stage.
Thanks for the effort.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Without knowing which version the problem started at there isn't really anything to go on.

falcongoat

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Motu Traveler Mk3
Other Speakers or Equipment
KRK Rokit 5
Hi,

let me provide some more info:
- comparable audio interfaces (Traktor Scratch A6, Traktor Audio 10, Traktor Audio 4 DJ)
- Audio only machine, WIN 10x64
- Rebooted, drivers up to date
- exact same error pattern as OP
- did some more testing ;)

5.20b10 OK
5.20b11 FREEZE
5.20b13 FREEZE
5.20b15 FREEZE
5.20b20 FREEZE
5.20b30 ERROR
5.20b40 ERROR
5.20b50 ERROR
5.20b61 ERROR
5.20RC3 ERROR
5.20RC4 ERROR

OK
: ASIO driver loads and works as expected
FREEZE : After selecting audio interface "Failed to load driver dialog" pops up. Confirming closes it, but no buttons or dropdowns in preferences panel are clickable. Program can be quit normally, though.
ERROR : Behavior same as described by OP.

If you need any more info or if I can help you by running debug builds, just let me know.

Attachments

• roomeq_wizard0.b11.log.txt
    2 KB · Views: 9
  • roomeq_wizard0.b12.log.txt
    2 KB · Views: 9
  • roomeq_wizard0.b13log.txt
    2 KB · Views: 7
  • roomeq_wizard0.b20.log.txt
    2 KB · Views: 8
  • roomeq_wizard0.b30.log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author

falcongoat

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Motu Traveler Mk3
KRK Rokit 5
In beta 11 loading the ASIO driver moved into a background thread, because some drivers take a long time to load which was blocking startup. The error logged is pretty fundamental though, failure to load the driver into memory. Here are 32-bit and 64-bit debug builds which log a little extra information, best try both and capture the rew_output.txt and log file contents for each.

Hi John,

sorry for the late reply. Attached are the logfiles, I hope they help you.

Attachments

• asiotest.rew_output.txt
    181 bytes · Views: 12
  • asiotest.roomeq_wizard0.log.txt
    808 bytes · Views: 13

falcongoat

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Motu Traveler Mk3
KRK Rokit 5
I have made a build that moves loading the ASIO driver back into the main thread, please try that to see if it helps.

With this change I can select the ASIO drivers without problems. Applying calibrations and measuring works also

Top Bottom