Download Problems

Tomino

I'm able to download version 6.17, but when I go to open it, selecting 2.0 or surround, the window disappears and nothing loads. Any suggestions?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Try to do a new install of dotnet and visual c++ distro, as described on the download page.

Tomino

Thank you, Bernt. I downloaded both. The dotnet did not install, but only because it determined that it was already on my computer. Likewise, it wouldn't install c++ distro (vc_redist.x64.exe) for the same reason. I did install "vc_redist.x86.exe." I then rebooted the PC. However, when I opened Audiolense, I had the same experience. I was given the choice of what app I wanted to run. When I made my selection, the dialogue window closed and the app disappeared.
Any thoughts on what I should try next?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Check that Windows Defender does not refuse Audiolense to write to My Documents. I believe it is in the ransomware department.

Next to try is the 32 bit version if this was 64 bit.

Tomino

I believe that McAfee is running in place of Windows Defender on my PC. Turning McAfee off does not make a difference. I next tried the 32 bit version, with the same result. Further suggestions welcome. I do plan to buy the software if I can get it to work . . .

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
maybe yoiu will get an idea if you start event viewer, choose windows logs-application ... immediately after trying to run Audiolense.

Tomino

Thanks again. Nothing appears in the "Application" window of the Event Viewer. However, under "Security," there are many, many entries with the keyword, "Audit Success" with the Source listed as Microsoft Windows security auditing. Note that turning off McAfee or taking Audiolense out of quarantine after it was flagged as a virus didn't allow the program to load.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I believe it has to be either something that blocks Audiolense from running properly on your PC or some components (typically dotnet componentgs) missing in the operative system.

When you chose speaker config, an ini file should be saved to the program data folder. I do not recall at the moment what happens if this is not allowed.

Tomino

Bernt -- I ran into the same issue when I tried to run AL on the other PC. I think there is some security feature that is kicking in. However, it will load version 6.13 which I downloaded some months ago. Unless you want to advise differently, I will go ahead and take some measurements/ create a sample with that version. Tom

Top Bottom