Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon avr X1400H
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Xbox one X
Front Speakers
SVS Ultra bookshelf
Subwoofers
SVS PB16 Ultra
So when I use ASIO in REW to do sweeps of any of my front speakers (L,C,R) there is this noise that comes through the speakers as the sweep begins and through the sweep as well, the noise sounds like a digital machine gun firing that’s the best way I can describe it lol, does the same thing when I measure my subs as well. I’m using hdmi through my laptop and when I switch to Java drivers the distorted noise goes away. I tried different hdmi cables but the noise is still present but only when I use the ASIO drivers.. any idea what might be going on?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That might be caused by the REW sample rate being different to the sample rate in the Windows audio properties default format setting.

meek81

My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon avr X1400H
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Xbox one X
Front Speakers
SVS Ultra bookshelf
Subwoofers
SVS PB16 Ultra
I see I’ll have to check it to see where I have it set at.. I followed Austinjerry’s REW guide but maybe I entered something wrong. What should the sample rate be set at in windows audio properties? And I’m assuming it’s the mic properties correct?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
For replay, which is where you said the problem happens, it would be the rate for the HDMI connection. 48 kHz is typical.

AustinJerry

I see I’ll have to check it to see where I have it set at.. I followed Austinjerry’s REW guide but maybe I entered something wrong. What should the sample rate be set at in windows audio properties? And I’m assuming it’s the mic properties correct?
Page 14 of the guide recommends setting the Windows Audio sample rate to 48KHz, which matches the sample rate of the UMIK-1. The newer UMIK-2 supports a 96KHz sample rate, so the Windows Audio setting should be set to the same value.

Top Bottom