Coronavirus Outbreak

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I watched a a video from the IVI of South Korea on YouTube, and they said a few additional things that can make this last even longer.

1: If you do not get the 2nd dose on time you have to start over again.

2: ff people stop wearing their masks and practicing safe distancing after getting both injections, and do not wait until both injections have has their time to work...then they can become infected anyway.

3: if we do not get EVERYONE vaccinated....we might have to start all over with a new vaccine as COVID19 might have mutated.

4: They have no idea how long the vaccine will protect us...this could be every 6 months or yearly. They are hoping it is every 2 years or longer.

We are all at the mercy of everyone getting the vaccine, and practicing safe distances and wearing a mask still.

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...
Not to be a negative Nancy... Can anyone tell me/us what the exact ingredients are in the vaccines and what each ingredient does in the human body... And what about "side effects"... I know someone that lost a kidney from a vaccine and another that had serious "side effects" from a flu shot a few years back... I don't think I want to be the first of the "Guinea Pigs or Lab Rats"...

simplex

More  
Rotel RC-1570
Main Amp
Quad 303 mod.
Computer Audio
Daphile @x86-Mini-PC with BruteFIR filters applied
Yamaha BD-A1020 (mostly inactive, Daphile rules!)
Front Speakers
Tannoy D500 mod.
Streaming Equipment
audio cables custom made by myself
Other Equipment
Steinberg UR12, Behringer ECM8000
I don't think I want to be the first of the "Guinea Pigs or Lab Rats"...
I agree...no way I want to be one of the first to get the vaccine.
My personal opinion is somewhat different. I'm over 60 now and fighting asthma for decades - definitely high risk regarding COVID-19. This is why I would not participate in a clinical study testing a COVID-19 vaccine in an early stage. My doctor supports this.

After clinical studies have ended with positive results, I would not hesitate to have my vaccination. The only vaccine I would possibly deny is the Russian one because they started mass vaccinations much too early in the test process. This does ot add to my confidence, reminds me a bit of rigged Russian anti doping tests during the Olympics in Sotshi.

Vaccines are being tested at tens of thousands of volunteers for safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity, see here for details at US COVID-19 Prevention Network:
You might want to follow the links on that page to detail pages about clinical studies for specific vaccines.

A simple web search finds lots of reliable information about COVID-19 vaccination studies, for example:
and many more.

I trust in independent science. [EDIT: added 'independent' here - this is essential.]

Last edited:

billrobbo

China has now offered it's vaccine to neighbouring countries out of the "good of it's heart". I interpret this as similar to the salesman getting a foot in the door and then turning them from the west.
Off topic, we have an airbase about 20 km from us and they have been doing many more maneuvers over the last three days.

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I also am over 60, have asthma, and sudden death syndrome (a heart disease).I just found out today that the Pfizer vacine will start being dispenced by Pfizer the end of this month, and that I should get it before they run out. It looks like I will be getting it soon. I will NOT change my safe distancing practice or stop wearing a mask until the vaccine has been given to everyone worldwide and we are all out of danger. I have zero problem with maintaining safe distancing or wearing a mask to protect myself or others.

simplex

More  
Rotel RC-1570
Main Amp
Quad 303 mod.
Computer Audio
Front Speakers
Tannoy D500 mod.
Streaming Equipment
Other Equipment

simplex

More  
Rotel RC-1570
Main Amp
Quad 303 mod.
Computer Audio
Front Speakers
Tannoy D500 mod.
Streaming Equipment
Other Equipment
Famous Thomanerchor (St. Thomas Choir of Leipzig) was founded in 1212, Johann Sebastian Bach still being their most famous cantor. In more than 800 years of their history, no war, no tyranny, no natural disaster could stop them. There was no single year they did not perform at Christmas time. Now this virus did it: all 2020 Christmas events had to be cancelled.

Looking forward to 2021 - in the end it will get better! Wish all of you a wonderful and safe Christmas time - stay safe and stay home!

Top Bottom