Can I just record sound from UMIK-1 MIC without using output channel?

rachitdave

Registered
More  
Other Equipment
Android Phone
Hello Team,

I am using REW with UMIK-1 mic. I want to capture the audio from an android phone's speaker. So, the phone will not be connected to my system (Laptop). I just need to record the sound and not configure the output in REW software. Let me know if this is possible.

Regards,
Rachit

DanDan

Staff member
I think it will. Just turn down, mute, disconnect the output sweep and go. Not sure what you are trying to do though. The UMIK will record audio into any App such as Reaper, Garageband....... It is a noisy mic though.

rachitdave

Registered
More  
Other Equipment
Android Phone
I want to test with the configuration below. I want to evaluate the phone speaker. Sweep will be played on the Android phone. That sweep will be captured in laptop through UMIK-1 mic using REW software.

As you can see the android phone is not connected with REW SW. I have searched in measurement in REW, there is no option to record in mic without giving output. Please do suggest if there is any option or workaround for the same.

1685972856646.png

rachitdave

Registered
More  
Other Equipment
Android Phone
Hello Dan, John has mentioned to use from file. So, the file will play the speakers from Laptop. I don't need to play the sweep file from Laptop speakers. Sweep file will be played in Phone and UMIK-1 Mic will record the sweep tone.

rachitdave

Registered
More  
Other Equipment
Android Phone
Noted. Have tested with the device. Thanks, it's working.

I appreciate the support for this.

Thanks again Jhon and Dan

rachitdave

Registered
More  
Other Equipment
Android Phone
Hello John,

I had one more question, Can we also play tones/songs in the phone and record in REW?
We have to select that file and play in the same manner as we do with sweep file?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW isn't a recording application, but you can use the RTA to view the spectral content of files played on another devices.

Top Bottom