Barco Unveils I600 and QDX Projector Families, Redefining Visual Excellence

full?d=1706192027.png

(January 25, 2024) Barco, a name hitched to some of the most drool-worthy home cinema projectors on the planet, has announced the launch of two new projector families, the I600 and QDX. These flagship projectors, featuring higher resolutions and brightness levels in more compact designs, will launch next week during the Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) tradeshow in Barcelona.

I600: A Leap in Immersive Projection Technology
The I600 4K UHD single-chip laser phosphor projector marks a significant advancement in the realm of immersive experiences. Designed for exceptional color fidelity and high resolution, the I600 is crafted to perform over a long lifespan. Barco says compactness, at under 50 lbs (23 kg), makes it the most portable projector in its category.

Key to the I600's innovation is Barco's patented SuperShift technology, which helps ensure a razor-sharp 4K UHD image. Additionally, the integration of next-gen Barco Pulse electronics creates a seamless experience with smooth playback and low latency.

Complementing the I600 is a new range of swappable ILD lenses, giving owners access to a versatile ratio range from 0.37 UST to 7.4:1 long-throw. Frederik Bouckaert, Senior Product Manager for I600, states, "The I600 takes affordability and high-resolution projection to new heights. This projector is designed for long-lasting image quality, multichannel compatibility, and versatility in a wide range of applications like artainment, museums, corporate events, simulation environments, projection mapping, and more…”

QDX: Setting a New Benchmark in Projection
The QDX, joining Barco's three-chip portfolio, delivers native 4K resolution, REC. 2020 color, and brightness levels up to 40,000 lumens. Its lighter design optimizes transport costs and installation time.

The QDX supports existing TLD+ lenses, offering high flexibility in installations, and its intuitive interface plays well for both professionals and newcomers. Additionally, the incorporation of IoT for remote management enhances operational efficiency.

Alexis Skatchkoff, QDX Senior Product Manager, expresses excitement about the launch, "Customers and partners are eager to embrace the long-awaited next-gen three-chip projector in their fleet. And this first release is only the tip of the iceberg with new innovations in light-source modularity coming in the next phases of the QDX roadmap.”

Barco Pulse: Elevating Control and Performance
The QDX and I600 aren't just about hardware muscle. They integrate a suite of software tools for enhanced on-site and remote control, fully integrated into the Barco software ecosystem. These include Pulse Prospector, Pulse Mobile App, Pulse toolset, and Insights Management Suite. That's an ecosystem of products designed to create an insightful and hassle-free experience.

“Compact, powerful, and versatile; the I600 and QDX are a testament to Barco's dedication to redefining visual standards." touts Ta Loong Gan, EVP Immersive Experience, Barco. "They offer comprehensive solutions for various applications, from mid-segment to high-end installations. We’re excited to finally enter the market with these new products and continue our growth based on innovation. Our mission remains clear – to empower businesses, creators, and audiences alike with tools that inspire, connect, and elevate the way we visualize the world.”

The I600 and QDX projectors will be showcased at the ISE2024 tradeshow, Hall 2 Barco booth #2M100.

Additional Reading:

Last edited:
Top Bottom