By Todd Anderson on May 21, 2017 at 9:22 AM
  1. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member

AV NIRVANA Announces Incredible JTR Speakers Captivator 118HT Subwoofer Giveaway Contest!

[​IMG] AV NIRVANA is thrilled to partner with JTR Speakers for an exciting Giveaway Promotion Announcement! Over the next three months, AV NIRVANA members can enter to win one of the industry’s elite subwoofer models: JTR’s Captivator 118HT. There are ways for members to achieve more than one entry into this contest, so read on!

JTR Speakers is widely recognized for its audiophile grade speakers and subwoofers, all of which are handcrafted with high quality materials right here in the USA. The company has given us one of it’s Captivator 118HT subwoofers to review, and once the review is finished the sub will find its way into the home of one lucky AV NIRVANA member. This is an incredible opportunity to land truly impactful subwoofer performance in your home!

The Captivator 118HT is an elegant heavy hitter, weighing in at a whopping 129-pounds and standing nearly three feet tall (30” H x 20” W x 22.5” D). It utilizes a bass reflex design paired with a custom 18-inch driver and a DSP optimized 700 Watt amplifier for bone rattling performance capable of dipping below 17Hz in a typical room. Shunning standard MDF, the Captivator 118HT’s heavily braced cabinet is constructed with 18mm 13-ply Baltic Birch plywood. It also features a magnetically attached grill, and an amp plate with multiple controls (Gain, LF Adjust, Crossover, Delay), a 12 volt trigger, RCA and XLR connections, and an On/Auto/Off power selector.

Click here for more information about JTR Speakers and the Captivator 118HT sub.

How to Enter
    1. You must be a registered member on AV NIRVANA (click here to register)
    2. Answer the question contained on the Entry Thread linked below.

Boost Your Entries
    We’re offering members a simple way to gain more entries in the contest, automatically! Members with at least 100 posts on the forum by August 21, 2017 will gain TWO entries in the contest, and members with 1,000 posts will receive THREE automatic entries to win! This will be be an ongoing bonus that can be applied to all future Giveaway Promotions (for example, once a member reaches 100 posts on the forum, they will always receive an extra entry in all future contests). As the forum grows, we'll likely continue to expand this benefit, so stick around! It’s our way for saying “thank you” to members who are active in the community.

Contest Rules
    The contest is for one JTR Speakers Captivator 118HT subwoofer (like-new review sample, value is $1599). The contest runs from 5/21/2017 until 11:59PM EST on 8/21/2017. Entrants must be a registered member of avnirvana.com. A winner will be drawn at random and announced during the week of 8/21/2017. The winner must reside in the Continental United States (Lower 48) to qualify for free ground shipping. Any winner living outside of the United States must arrange and pay for shipping via a US Forwarding Service (AV NIRVANA will provide shipping to a Continental US-based Forwarding Service, the winner is responsible for all taxes, fees, and shipping charges there after). Winners living outside of the United States will have 4 weeks to make Forwarding Service arrangements. Rules are subject to change without notice.

<<<Click HERE to Enter>>>

Thanks to all of our members for being part of our AV NIRVANA community! Good luck and feel free to discuss the contest in this thread (below)!

#1 Todd Anderson, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Asere, john hobbs and tesseract like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'AV NIRVANA News & Announcements' started by Todd Anderson, May 21, 2017.

1. JBrax

JBrax Senior Member

Wow, that's some serious subwooferage! Coming in at a weight of 129 lbs that things a beast. No doubt someone's going to be doing the happy dance. Thanks AV NIRVANA for a spectacular giveaway.

Peter Loeser likes this.
    2. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

Yes... we're kicking off the big product Giveaway in a BIG way! JTR Speakers makes incredible sounding, high performance, gear. And the fact that it's handcrafted with care is icing on the cake! No doubt about it. And we're super happy they've decided to partner with us for this promotion. And you're right, Jeff, someone is going to have one awesome subwoofer rolling into their home.

This particular sub was tested and boxed right after AXPONA! It will go through a break-in and review, so it will be minty fresh and ready to go into immediate use! :T

tesseract likes this.
    3. JBrax

JBrax Senior Member

JTR makes incredible speakers! I like that they don't require a lot of power to give you a true theater experience.

Todd Anderson likes this.
    4. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

Just wanted to highlight the entry by Filtor1 (first entry on the contest Entry Thread)... well done. Exactly what we're looking for.

Filtor1, hope you stick around and become an active member on AV NIRVANA! We have a DIY section on the forum that's just begging for folks such as yourself to come post projects in progress and find inspiration to push them to completion ;-)

tesseract likes this.
    5. Jack

Jack Active Member

I think I clicked here to enter so good luck to everyone. I bet this is a killer sub that will produce an avalanche of fun.

6. Mark Wagner

Mark Wagner New Member

Got to be honest - This would be the start of a real system for me

Sonnie likes this.
    7. Peter Loeser

Peter Loeser Moderator
      Staff Member

Nice! Good luck everybody and as JBrax said, start practicing your happy dance! :banana:

(also, make sure you're on good terms with one or two heavy lifters)

8. theJman

theJman Moderator / Reviewer
      Staff Member

I had the opportunity to evaluate the previous version of the 118HT, and that was a very impressive subwoofer. I know it has undergone some substantial updates since then so I'm intrigued to see what the review says about this version.

9. 1_sufferin_mind

1_sufferin_mind Active Member

Impressive sub! I hope this one has my name on it.
      18mm of Birchwood rather than MDF, huh? Makes you wonder if the speaker's namesake is the wood thickness or the driver diameter.

10. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

I'd like to hear the knuckle wrap test on this sub. It must be like knocking on a brick!

11. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

Jack, to enter... click and then answer the question on the entry link! :T

12. wpbpete

wpbpete New Member

JTR rabbit hole :hail::hsd:
      :party:

#13 wpbpete, May 22, 2017
      Last edited: May 22, 2017
    13. JeffL

JeffL New Member

I love my JTR Triple 12's, Ive heard good things about this sub. I expect nothing less than stellar from Jeff.

14. bkeeler10

bkeeler10 Member

Oh my, you guys aren't messing around. Kicking off with a bang! Looking forward to the review, and I also wouldn't mind winning haha.

15. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

We like to do things right :T

Jeff Permanian likes this.
    16. Tony V.

Tony V. Moderator
      Staff Member

This is a great way to kick off the new forum. All the best to everyone who qualifies!

17. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
      Staff Member

Yep... this is a massively built sub and Dennis has already confirmed it's ability to do sub duties. You don't see other forums giving away nice products like this in exchange for advertising... they want the money honey!

18. Todd Anderson

Staff Member

Great to see so many entries rolling in (and this Giveaway is only a week young!). Keep'm coming folks and stick around after you enter. We'd love to have you become a part of our community's fabric!

19. JimShaw

JimShaw Member

I actually won a Blu-ray through Todd once. I hope our winning connection continues on with this contest also :)
      [​IMG] Boy would I love this

20. john hobbs

john hobbs New Member

21. john hobbs

john hobbs New Member

I think this a fantastic set of speakers and subwoofer. I would not hesitate to use them as monitors in my
      recording studio. I would love to have the sub as bass is so hard to get right in the mix. Either to much or not enough when translating to other media. A balance set of monitors with a sub set up right will tell me what works in the real world. John

22. AudiocRaver

AudiocRaver Senior Admin
      Staff Member

I will get over to Dennis's house next week for a listen. I can predict it will be awesome, based on what I have heard from JTR at AXPONA and RMAF shows.

Jeff Permanian and tesseract like this.
    23. john hobbs

john hobbs New Member

I would love to have these audiophile speakers in my recording studio. the sub would be a real plus

24. tesseract

tesseract Senior Admin
      Staff Member

Wayne stopped by for a listen. We have confirmation of my confirmation!

20170531_185512.jpg

Jeff Permanian likes this.