GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Hey there AV NIRVANA! The holidays slowed things down a tad, but we're now back and in full motion forward. Today, we published a welcome news piece (https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/a...ill-host-software’s-official-user-forum.8015/) for Bernt, Audiolense, and the extended Audiolense user community.

I just wanted to take a second to say hello to everyone... we're certainly glad to have you here! We think you'll enjoy the forum environment here at AV NIRVANA... and hope to see you kicking around in other areas of the forum! You can always visit the homepage to see our most recent movie and gear reviews, industry news, and announcements. And, of course, there's plenty of other AV-centric sections for you to explore.

Anyhow, welcome everyone!

Kindest of regards, Todd

Last edited:

Trdat

Bernt great to have you here!

Looking forward to discussions with you and your input.

jtwrace

More  
Main Amp
(4) Hypex NC502MP
DAC
Topping D90
Front Speakers
JBL M2
Subwoofers
(2) Rythmik FM8, (1) UM18, (1) Custom DIY Ciare 18
BSS BLU 50
Streaming Equipment
RPi4 using RopieeeXL
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Other Equipment
All Belden 1800F and 1313A
Wow, great to see AL here!

jtwrace

More  
Main Amp
(4) Hypex NC502MP
DAC
Topping D90
Front Speakers
JBL M2
Subwoofers
(2) Rythmik FM8, (1) UM18, (1) Custom DIY Ciare 18
BSS BLU 50
Streaming Equipment
RPi4 using RopieeeXL
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Other Equipment
All Belden 1800F and 1313A
Has AL progressed much within the last year?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
yes I would say so. The biggest progress has been related to the launch of the Audiolense convolver ... as well as some new features in Audiolense to get the max out of it. This includes variable filter lengths and variable length crossovers, amongst other things in Audiolense. It has less to do with sound quality than with workload, though. But several bugs have been eliminated and I believe I made a slight improvement to the TTD correction amongst other things. Most of these changes are incremental. Sometimes they make things work as they should in places where it didn¨t work 100% before, while the majority gets the same result. Other times they give slight improvements for others that I didn't even expect. You'd have to ask a few users to get a balanced verdict on Al 6 vs Al 5.

The convolver has been pretty stable lately, and I believe it will be even more stable when I get the next release out. I have found and fixed two bugs and I have done some convenience changes as well. I use Jriver's wdm driver to feed the convolver with all sources, and the two programs are now just open at all times. On one of my PCs it used to shut down regularly when the source was closed, but not anymore it seems. The convolver is a must-have for some, who have struggled with setting up a stable rendering path including convolution, a nice to have feature for others, such as me, and an "I don't need this" for a few. But personally I like the convenience of having a user friendly volume control in the tray area, including mute and manual latency adjustment and easy to switch correction filters so much ... that I think I would have appreciated it even if it was made by somebody else.

There has been issues with the license keys and the Convolver for a few users lately, but I am confident that those will be sorted out soon.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have tested both extensively. JRiver seems to work exactly as the Asio protocol prescribes, and is pretty flawless. On one of my systems it shuts down every now and then, but that is hardly an issue, since it only happens when the stream is closing. It basically just stay open at all times. And equally important I use jriver when I stream from my own collection. AsioBridge has some quirks and I don’t have the same confidence in it. But as long as either work I see no reason to change.

John Coles

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yahama RX-V970 receiver
Main Amp
Marantx MA500 monoblocks
Additional Amp
Yahama RX-V970 receiver
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony and Microsoft Xbox One
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan
Surround Speakers
Dayton Audio
Surround Back Speakers
Dayton Audio
Subwoofers
Klipsch 12-inch and 10-inch
Behringer DEQ 2496 equalizer
Video Display Device
Panasonic 65-inch
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL
Netflix
Amazon Prime
HBO Max
Satellite System
DirecTV 4K
As someone who is just dipping my toes in the Audiolense (AL) waters I'd like to ask where folks insert the computer on which AL runs in the audio system. REW is separate as it measures the output produced by the system. But as I understand it, AL is actively changing or adjusting the signal within the system. Any information or direction to a source for the basics would be appreciated.

hulkss

As someone who is just dipping my toes in the Audiolense (AL) waters I'd like to ask where folks insert the computer on which AL runs in the audio system. REW is separate as it measures the output produced by the system. But as I understand it, AL is actively changing or adjusting the signal within the system. Any information or direction to a source for the basics would be appreciated.

I use a home theater computer (HTPC) I have no other audio components (just amps, LOTS of amps). I do use an external audio interface but that may be a card internal to the PC for some. Research on HTPC's.

2234rew

I have tested both extensively. JRiver seems to work exactly as the Asio protocol prescribes, and is pretty flawless. On one of my systems it shuts down every now and then, but that is hardly an issue, since it only happens when the stream is closing. It basically just stay open at all times. And equally important I use jriver when I stream from my own collection. AsioBridge has some quirks and I don’t have the same confidence in it. But as long as either work I see no reason to change.

Hi Bernt , can you share what quirks VB Cable ASIO Bridge had for you?

Top Bottom