Coda 05e
Main Amp
Coda CSX
DAC
Chord Hugo2
Front Speakers
Gradient Revolution
HI,
I have just downloaded a demo version of Audiolense, but I’m not able to do anything with the measurements I’m making. Does this mean that I cannot use the demo to demonstrate whether AL will benefit my room and stereo setup? In other words, is there a way with the demo version to figure out whether AL will have a positive impact ?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, snosis

You can send the measurement to the main form and progress from there. And if it is a regular stereo measurement you can correct 90 seconds of music and have a listen.

billgr

More  
Main Amp
ATI1806
Additional Amp
ATI1202
Computer Audio
2pc jplay Femto, Jriver, AO, MinorityClean
DAC
PS Audio Directstream
Front Speakers
Linkwitz LX521.4 w analog XO
Other Equipment
Jriver, AO, MC, miniDSP 4x10HD, Ati1506, Linkwitz LXmini+2
Another question on the demo version.
I read in an older thread AL can generate cfg and wav. I can only save an alc correction file. I assume this is a limitation of the demo version?

Also, doe AL have an ideal psychoacoustic target curve I can load? I can only see a flat response target?

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You choose the output format under the setup menu.

There is no set ideal target curve, but most people either end up with a straight line that slopes down a few dB from bass to top ... or something similar, but with a distinct bass lift below ca 100 Hz of a 2-4 dB. There are some tips about drawing targets in the help file.

billgr

More  
Main Amp
ATI1806
Additional Amp
ATI1202
Computer Audio
DAC
PS Audio Directstream
Front Speakers
Other Equipment
Ok the file type is in the setup, thanks.

I feel it's important to apply a psychoacoustic target curve as proclaimed by Mitch Barnett and also the designer of my speakers Siegfried Linkwitz. I don't know exactly what he used but will ask on his forum.

Another aspect I have been thinking about is whether I can apply dsp to correct for my own hearing loss, which is not severe, but it is an idea that interests me. Have you heard of anyone attempting this?

hulkss

Another aspect I have been thinking about is whether I can apply dsp to correct for my own hearing loss, which is not severe, but it is an idea that interests me. Have you heard of anyone attempting this?

I listen to high quality live music and then tune my system, as best I can, to sound similar. Your brain compensates for hearing loss in ways that are not completely understood. I find it best to not attempt compensation for hearing loss other than by turning up the volume.

billgr

More  
Main Amp
ATI1806
Additional Amp
ATI1202
Computer Audio
DAC
PS Audio Directstream
Front Speakers
Other Equipment
I hear you _wink_

Many new hearing aids use dsp. Maybe my audiologist can supply insights for this.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
There has ben one or two ho has tuned their system to comensate for hearing loss. The last attempt I heard about appeared to be quite effective. So it can be worthwhile to try this out.

Top Bottom