Additional Amp
Icepower
Computer Audio
Roon
DAC
Okto dac8 pro
Front Speakers
Lx521.3
Hi all, bought a used okto dac8 and getting timing errors with Audioense. Does anyone have a copy of the windows asio driver for the okto?
Thanks

Last edited:

Sixman

More  
Main Amp
Purifi
Additional Amp
Icepower
Computer Audio
Roon
DAC
Okto dac8 pro
Front Speakers
Lx521.3
Am I correct that Pavel got back to you and got you the driver? JCR

Yes, got the driver thanks. Still having some issues with timing errors in Audiolense, Mitch is helping me work through it.

2234rew

Yes, got the driver thanks. Still having some issues with timing errors in Audiolense, Mitch is helping me work through it.

Please provide an update when your issue is resolved. What the issue was and how was fixed.

Cheers

Sixman

More  
Main Amp
Purifi
Additional Amp
Icepower
Computer Audio
Roon
DAC
Okto dac8 pro
Front Speakers
Lx521.3
Found a partial work around, but does not work consistently.
If I change the channel mapping (left and right bass/mid/tweeter) back and forth it works, get correct timing. Really weird.

At this stage I think its my windows pc. Going to try a windows laptop I have.

Otto88

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Aleph 5
DAC
Metrum Octave II
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
Horns, LX521
I have the opportunity to get a dac8 and want to use Audioense - did you resolve the timing errors?

If it was, what was the solution?
different hardware, or from Mitch/ Pavel/ juicehifi

If not might it be due to complex filters requiring too much for the PC's processing?

jrobbins50

I have the opportunity to get a dac8 and want to use Audioense - did you resolve the timing errors?

If it was, what was the solution?
different hardware, or from Mitch/ Pavel/ juicehifi

If not might it be due to complex filters requiring too much for the PC's processing?
Using a UMIC-2 microphone, I’ve had great results with Audiolense XO for my dac8pro. I certainly recommend that DAC for multichannel listening. I hear they are hard to come by, so if you have the opportunity to get one, I would seriously consider it.

With multichannel convolution running through Roon and HQPlayer, my server runs out of steam at multichannel DSD64. If I use a less complex HQPlayer setting, then for Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 lossless, I can take full advantage of the dac8pro and scale to multichannel DSD128 through the Okto. This is obviously very hardware dependent. JCR

Last edited:

Ango

Registered
Hi all,
I got a problem doing measurements with Audiolense after upgrading to the latest firmware v.1.5 and installing the new asio driver OktoResearchUsbAudio_v5.57.0_2023-04-26.
I wonder if anyone has experienced something similar or if there are suggestions.
My stereo system has six channels, three on each side. Filters from Audiolense, AL, with crossovers and room correction are exported to Roon.

After the upgrade it is impossible to pass the "Check Speaker Connections" step in AL when attempting to do measurements.
Usually the first tweeter comes out on the wrong side, then the three next channels come out in the right side mid and/or in several drivers at the same time, then the two basses come out correctly, except that sound also sometimes come out of an additional driver.
If the dac is disconnected and powered off then the first tweeter signal comes out correctly but for the rest of the drivers it's as described above. A second try, without powering off the dac first, results in the first behaviour described above.

I've tested all the measurement options available in AL. The Okto Asio of course, wasabi exclusive or shared mode and direct sound but to no avail.
Changing the Routing in the dac has no effect whatsoever on the AL signals from Check Speaker Connections.
Luckily there is no problem to play music from Roon using pre-upgrade filters.
And routing changes behave as expected when tested during music playback.

I had the same problem. However, the measurement was carried out correctly.
After reinstalling Audiolense, the speaker check control was working correct again.

Top Bottom