Audiolense 6.14 is out

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
[20 jan 2021]

Download:
Audiolense 6.14 (64 bit)

Audiolense 6.14 (32 bit)

This release has a large number of changes and improvements in the measurement module with the aim of making it easier to perform measurements when sound card drivers have limitation or off-spec issues.

• Support for shared mode as well as exclusive mode wasapi measurement
  • A sound card driver workaround feature that probes for a suiting configuration that is supported by the sound card.
  • Changed the behaviour of the “advanced menu”. Now stays open until deliberately closed.
  • Improved “measurement supported” verification and notification in the measurement module.
  • Various other technical improvements under the surface.

G29

I tried 6.14 in a stereo 3-way using a shared WASAPI and ASIO driver and it was a step backwards from 6.13. I got: following in no specific order
  • crashes
  • IR extraction errors
  • -700 negative recording capture delay
  • wrong channel mapping
  • channel mismatch (possibly too many channels error message)
  • missing the 6th channel on test channel function
I was able to get a measurement with ASIO4ALL on 6.14.

It would also lose all of the measurement channel mapping, sampling frequency, sweep duration, volume setting and other options on the measurement window so all of those configurations have to be manually reentered over and over again until a valid sweep is obtained.

Is there a way to add a "save settings" option button to minimize the repeated manual reentries (especially the channel mapping and volume settings to protect the tweeters) ?

Went back and tried 6.13 and the measurement completed on all 6 channels with the stereo 3-way exclusive WASAPI and ASIO configuration.

Setup is a Focusrite 8i6 and analog mic slaved clocked to an OKTO DAC8 PRO on Win7-64-Ultimate.

Channel Mapping:
  • 6 Left bass
  • 4 Left midrange
  • 0 Left tweeter
  • 7 Right bass
  • 5 Right midrange
  • 1 Right tweeter
  • 2 & 3 currently unused
Are there any specific use cases you want tested with your new workaround pulldown menu features ?

Thanks much.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Thanks for testing it out.

It sounds like there are still ways to go here.

I must say I'm a bit surprised by your results, but otoh, I'm glad to hear that 3 way wasapi and asio worked already. Did you have problems with the same config as be fore too? Wasapi exclusive and Asio?

The settings follow the measurement, so the best way to keep settings is to enter the measurement module with a valid measurement. You can save new settings too, but it is not designed to support this, so you have to do a little trick: Edit one of the delays, then reset. Then the save dialog will be enabled.

G29

I ordered a faster CPU (that should arrive next week) as the final upgrade to this machine (before completely replacing it).

I will try again with it to see if the inconsistent delay issues are (in part) resource constraint related.

I have ran Thesycon's DPC Latency Checker and everything is in the green with the machine as it is.

DPC-Latency-Checker.jpg

I haven't tried Latencymon, but probably should to see how it compares to the Thesycon's app.

latencymon.jpg

Omid

Just tried a new filter with 6.14. I think there is a bug in the generation of the Roon filter. For a 3 way speaker the first 3 lines of the cfg for 2.0 read as follows:
96000 2 5 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0

instead of:
96000 2 6 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

The rest of the file looks fine (6 filters are there). When I correct the above manually the filter sounds normal.

I dont use the 5.1 cfg but it has the same problem:
96000 6 5 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Omid

Reactions: Urs

Urs

Registered
Just tried a new filter with 6.14. I think there is a bug in the generation of the Roon filter. For a 3 way speaker the first 3 lines of the cfg for 2.0 read as follows:
96000 2 5 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0

instead of:
96000 2 6 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

The rest of the file looks fine (6 filters are there). When I correct the above manually the filter sounds normal.

96000 6 5 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Omid

Thank you for pointing to this issue. It solves also this:
"Using a certain correction filter in J.River Media Center and in Roon"

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
96000 2 5 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0

instead of:
96000 2 6 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

96000 6 5 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Omid

Good job on finding that.

I get the correct output assgment here when I try with the 3 way demo measurement.

Could you do me a favor and send me the measurement file you were using here?

hulkss

I found the same problem. My set-up with 14 outputs creates a config file for 13 outputs in the header for Roon or Jriver. The rest of the config file is ok.

Omid

Good job on finding that.

I get the correct output assgment here when I try with the 3 way demo measurement.

Could you do me a favor and send me the measurement file you were using here?
I tried to upload the measurement, but the forum doesn't allow it (is there a size limit? the measurement was 6125K big). I emailed it to you.instead.

Thank you

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Thanks, Omid. I'll look into it.

I believe the problem should go away if you enter the speaker designer, check all the settings and perhaps trick Audiolense to believe that you have done some changes so the whole setup is rewritten.

I am new to this forum, so I no nothing more about size limits, user priveleges etc than you guys :)

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
It appears that Omid's discovery relates to a bug that is new in 6.14. The bug does not apply to Al convolver, but has consequences in Roon and e.g. jriver.

Due to the serious nature of this bug I will release 6.15 immediately and take 6.14 off the server.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Omid.

Top Bottom