Any interest in an REW android app?

Brian Steele

Funny, my Windows tablet just croaked on me, so it's time to buy a new tablet. The only thing preventing me from choosing an Android solution is the unavailability of an Android-based version of REW for loudspeaker measurement, which was one of the uses of my old tablet.

Krunok

I'm sure there's interest, but it would be a fairly mammoth porting effort.

It would be great even if only a basic functionality would be available, like say RTA FR measurement using periodic pink noise, so just enough to quickly adjust speakers!

Krunok

I'm sure there's interest, but it would be a fairly mammoth porting effort.

I'm sure it would, in a scenario where every functionality is to be ported. But my guess is that most folks would be more than happy with an ability to make RTA and sweep measurement.and display results. :)

dotnet

I’m operating REW from my iPad. The host it actually runs on is an M1 Mac mini, but that doesn’t have a monitor or keyboard attached. Screen sharing to the iPad works very well.

Krunok

I’m operating REW from my iPad. The host it actually runs on is an M1 Mac mini, but that doesn’t have a monitor or keyboard attached. Screen sharing to the iPad works very well.

That is not what I'm looking for.

I would be interested, and willing to pay for it, in an Android version of the REW app containing only basic functionality so I can make quick RTA scan using pink noise and/or sweep.

I have Dayton Audio iMM-6 calibrated mic that works well with Android but so far I haven't found an app that meets my needs. AudioTools is the one I'm currently using, but it simply doesn't cover the basic REW functionalities.

bowl_actually

That is not what I'm looking for.

I would be interested, and willing to pay for it, in an Android version of the REW app containing only basic functionality so I can make quick RTA scan using pink noise and/or sweep.

I have Dayton Audio iMM-6 calibrated mic that works well with Android but so far I haven't found an app that meets my needs. AudioTools is the one I'm currently using, but it simply doesn't cover the basic REW functionalities.

I use AudioTool as well, it does all the sweeps, pink noise, etc. Hit the "Gen" button down in the lower right corner. Maybe that's just in the paid version, which I have. I don't remember the cost, something less than $5, so your starbucks run would cover it :)

I find it pretty good for remote audio work like setting up PA's etc. I'm not sure who writes/maintains that, it's published by "jjbunn" but I'm not sure if he participates in any forums like this. Might be able to contact him and see if he can add whatever else you want.

EDIT: Looks like AudioTool has a google discussion group. You can find it here: https://groups.google.com/g/audiotool-discussion-group?pli=1

Krunok

I use AudioTool as well, it does all the sweeps, pink noise, etc. Hit the "Gen" button down in the lower right corner. Maybe that's just in the paid version, which I have. I don't remember the cost, something less than $5, so your starbucks run would cover it :)

I find it pretty good for remote audio work like setting up PA's etc. I'm not sure who writes/maintains that, it's published by "jjbunn" but I'm not sure if he participates in any forums like this. Might be able to contact him and see if he can add whatever else you want.

EDIT: Looks like AudioTool has a google discussion group. You can find it here: https://groups.google.com/g/audiotool-discussion-group?pli=1

I'm in contact with the author, his name is Julian Bunn. AudioTool Pro version works pretty much ok, the only thing I'm really missing is to be able to apply smoothing to the measruements, so right now I'm trying to talk him into implementing it. :)

bowl_actually

I'm in contact with the author, his name is Julian Bunn. AudioTool Pro version works pretty much ok, the only thing I'm really missing is to be able to apply smoothing to the measruements, so right now I'm trying to talk him into implementing it. :)

Cool, I guess I have the pro version. I know I paid for what I have and I generally like to support good software, so I'm sure I paid for the pro version.

I'll see about contacting him as well and put my "up vote" on that feature.

Top Bottom