Anthem Launches Its Next Generation Room Correction Software: ARC Genesis

full?d=1557074393.png

(May 5, 2019) Room Correction has become a major focus in the home theater and 2-channel space, and Anthem just made a serious move to keep its “Anthem Room Correction” horse in the race. Days ago, the company officially launched the third iteration of its regarded correction suite. Designated as “ARC Genesis,” Anthem has made its ARC platform more accessible, more powerful, and easier to use.

Designed using research from the National Research Council of Canada, Anthem engineers have left no stone unturned, delivering a complete and modern correction package to owners of eligible products sold by Anthem, Paradigm, and MartinLogan. Access has now been opened to both PC and Mac users, with connection options ranging from USB, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth. According to Anthem, ARC Genesis’s accessibility is complimented by a simple to use interface that guides owners through a logical workflow with support for multiple languages. And with the included "Demo Mode," the software’s functionality can be explored and simulated without an ARC-compatible product on hand.

ARC Genesis provides the ability to store up to four different sets of measurements allowing owners to compensate for variable room conditions (think retractable movie screens), while also allowing for four different profiles linked to specific inputs for accommodation of varied listening scenarios (multi-channel vs full-range 2-channel, for example). Speaking of inputs, Genesis allows users to configure amp channels for certain products (e.g., Anthem’s MRX receivers and AVM pre/pros) within the software, making install faster and easier.

Other new features include:
  • Software refinements that automatically select crossover points, analyze room gain, and calculate target curves.
  • A "Professional Mode" that provides access to adjustable whole-system target curves using room gain, deep bass boost, and tilt controls.
  • The ability to adjust target frequencies from speaker to speaker, across 20Hz to 20kHz.
  • A "Remeasure" features that allows owners to integrate new speakers and adjust a target curve without revisiting the entire correction process.
  • Enhanced graph and curve viewing tools.
  • Cross platform compatibility between Mac and PCs, automatic backup and restore features, and a universal PDF export tool.
  • A revamped "Quick Measure" tool that that delivers the power of an RTA audio analyzer, allowing for a continuous series of tone sweeps with instant access to acoustic curve and SPL levels in real time.
  • Software controlled bass management for some Anthem MRX, AVM, and STR products.

Complete product compatibility for Anthem, Paradigm, and MartinLogan products, includes:
  • AVM 60
  • MRX Gen 2 (710 / 510 / 310)
  • MRX Gen 3 (1120 / 720 / 520)
  • STR Integrated / Preamplifier
  • Defiance V12 / V10
  • Defiance X15 / X12 / X10
  • Millenia SUB
  • Persona 9H / SUB
  • PW 800 / 600 / AMP / LINK / Soundbar
  • Seismic 110
  • Soundplay
  • X-850
  • BalancedForce 212 / 210
  • Bravado / Cadence / Forte / Unison / Verse
  • Dynamo 1500X
  • Dynamo 1600X / 1100X / 800X / 600X
  • Expression ESL 13A
  • Illusion ESL C34A
  • Impression ESL 11A
  • Renaissance ESL 15A

ARC Genesis is available for download free of charge. For more information, visit AnthemARC.com on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:

bkeeler10

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
NAD T758 v3
Main Amp
Outlaw Model 7125
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP-103/Panasonic UB820
Front Speakers
Revel Concerta2 F36
Center Channel Speaker
Revel Concerta2 F36
Surround Speakers
Revel Concerta2 M16
Surround Back Speakers
Revel Concerta2 M16
Front Height Speakers
Tannoy AMS 6DC
Rear Height Speakers
Tannoy AMS 6DC
Subwoofers
Rythmik F18 (2)
Other Speakers or Equipment
miniDSP 2x4
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-RS440
Screen
Seymour AV retractable 110" 2.35 AR (UF material)
This is cool. Anthem was at the top of my list for a long time, due to the reputation of their room correction scheme. I ultimately went with NAD's T758 v3, partly because Dirac became available at a price I could afford, and because it ended up being quite a bit less expensive than the MRX720 I was considering. However, I don't think I'd hesitate to get an Anthem AVR or pre/pro, especially since they've opened up the ability to adjust target curves. I think that's a smart move and should keep their room correction competitive with the likes of Dirac. I'd really like to play with it now . . . but still very happy with the NAD and Dirac :)

I'm surprised, however, that no one in the room correction business has come up with a scheme to automatically verify and fine tune response in the area surrounding the crossover between mains and subs. Still gotta do that by hand.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Dirac Bass Management might have a say in that realm...

Top Bottom