Surround Speakers
focal sib
Subwoofers
Rel T/i7
Screen
Pioneer Kuro
Streaming Equipment
Roon rock
Good afternoon, gentlemen. I have been following your forum for a long time and I have tried to make measurements several times. What does this measurement look like to you, ie. should I be worried about these jumps at 40, 110 and 180hz or this drop at 140hz? I recently added DYM Bass traps and the sound scene is cleaner in the middle spectrum and bass doesn't resonate that much anymore but I'm not sure you can see that in the graphics. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 21 april L+R+Sub.jpg
    21 april L+R+Sub.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Apr 21 L+R+Sub.mdat
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

sm52

40 Hz is not good. Pit 120-160 Hz - not good. After 2.5 Hz, the drop in level is also not good.

Nemanja

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Preamp
Main Amp
Naim uniti nova
Additional Amp
Naim nap 250
Other Amp
Arcam avr 380
Front Speakers
Spendor a7
Center Channel Speaker
focal
Surround Speakers
focal sib
Subwoofers
Rel T/i7
Screen
Pioneer Kuro
Streaming Equipment
Roon rock
Okay, thanks, that's what I assumed, but what can I do about it.

FargateOne

More  
Rotel RSX-1562
Additional Amp
Bryston 3B3 for fronts mains
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Cambridge CXU
Front Speakers
B&W 804 D2
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4D2
Surround Speakers
B&W 705
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 and SVS PC-2000 Pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
10 PEQ filters/channel in receiver with REW
Video Display Device
Samsung UN55ES8000
Other Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Okay, thanks, that's what I assumed, but what can I do about it.

If I may sugggest; I think it would be better if you measure each channels (speakers large) separatly (sub full signal no xo) no EQ no dsp no nothing. Also I strongly suggest to take multi-place mic measures and average them in rew or use MMM (moving mic measurements ) with RTA following this procedure : https://mehlau.net/audio/room-correction-peq/.
After that, measure each channel with xo L+S, R+S, sub only (for the sub unplug one satellite and and measure full range IR) repeat MMM or pultiplace measures for those too.
Then you will see witch dips or mountains are problematics. Sharp and deep dips are of no concern in my opinion, large valleys are problems sky rocket peaks can be easely equed afterwards.

Since I do that, I sleep better after I look at my Frequency response, I feel less ashamed of my system!

Nemanja

Registered
More  
Preamp
Main Amp
Naim uniti nova
Additional Amp
Naim nap 250
Other Amp
Arcam avr 380
Front Speakers
Spendor a7
Center Channel Speaker
focal
Surround Speakers
focal sib
Subwoofers
Rel T/i7
Screen
Pioneer Kuro
Streaming Equipment
Roon rock
Of course you can suggest, thank you very much.

I don't know what it means without xo or with xo, so please explain?
I looked at the manual but as far as I read the 90 degree measurement is only used for home theater, and I only listen to stereo (correct me if I'm wrong).
I will definitely do these measurements in the coming days, so I will attach them.

Thanks

If I may sugggest; I think it would be better if you measure each channels (speakers large) separatly (sub full signal no xo) no EQ no dsp no nothing. Also I strongly suggest to take multi-place mic measures and average them in rew or use MMM (moving mic measurements ) with RTA following this procedure : https://mehlau.net/audio/room-correction-peq/.
After that, measure each channel with xo L+S, R+S, sub only (for the sub unplug one satellite and and measure full range IR) repeat MMM or pultiplace measures for those too.
Then you will see witch dips or mountains are problematics. Sharp and deep dips are of no concern in my opinion, large valleys are problems sky rocket peaks can be easely equed afterwards.

Since I do that, I sleep better after I look at my Frequency response, I feel less ashamed of my system!

Nemanja

Registered
More  
Preamp
Main Amp
Naim uniti nova
Additional Amp
Naim nap 250
Other Amp
Arcam avr 380
Front Speakers
Spendor a7
Center Channel Speaker
focal
Surround Speakers
focal sib
Subwoofers
Rel T/i7
Screen
Pioneer Kuro
Streaming Equipment
Roon rock
One more question.
I did the peq correction myself in the roon but how do I do the measurement in the rew when the filters are applied.
Thanks

FargateOne

More  
Rotel RSX-1562
Additional Amp
Bryston 3B3 for fronts mains
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Cambridge CXU
Front Speakers
B&W 804 D2
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4D2
Surround Speakers
B&W 705
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 and SVS PC-2000 Pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
10 PEQ filters/channel in receiver with REW
Video Display Device
Samsung UN55ES8000
Other Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
One more question.
I did the peq correction myself in the roon but how do I do the measurement in the rew when the filters are applied.
Thanks
More detail are needed about your devices.
About how to measure with REW please read this excellent guide by AustinJerry https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdhq72a1puyyxpr/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0
xo means crossover frequency to your sub. In your AVR it is maybe 80,100 or what you put it.
If you measure through your AVR via REW, if the PEQ are on your AVR, then your measuremetns include the filters. You must desable all filters PEQ and measure speaker to large (without xo for the sub or not small) to see what happens full range frequency 20Hz to 20 oooHz

Nemanja

Registered
More  
Preamp
Main Amp
Naim uniti nova
Additional Amp
Naim nap 250
Other Amp
Arcam avr 380
Front Speakers
Spendor a7
Center Channel Speaker
focal
Surround Speakers
focal sib
Subwoofers
Rel T/i7
Screen
Pioneer Kuro
Streaming Equipment
Roon rock
Thanks, I understand now. I use the device Naim uniti Nova which is all in one (Amplifier), I do not use av receiver. I can set Peq equalizers through Roon manually but I have no way to check it later using Rew.
The subwoofer I use is Rel T / i7 and I adjust it manually and through a series of measurements and listening I came to the optimal position and crossover frequency which is 60hz (phase is 180) and the volume is at about 1/4 of a circle.

Top Bottom