2 Channels in a 7.1 Container in Jriver

Trdat

In my Jriver DSP it mentions that 48khz 64bit 8channel is enabled and processing just curious when I use my Audiolense convolution for my triamp setup do I use 48khz or 44khz and 2 channel or 5.1? When I save the convolution in Audiolense I get the option of 48 or 44 and then when saved in Jriver there is always an option of 5.1 or 2. How do I know which I choose fo rmy application?

hulkss

The Jriver output format needs to be set to the number of channels (or more) than you measured in Audiolense.

Trdat

The Jriver output format needs to be set to the number of channels (or more) than you measured in Audiolense.

I got a fair idea on how to route them in Jriver, and even in Audiolense the options are there but I just want to make sure that it is possible to use my last pair of channels(technically Channel 2 and 3 Sub and centre) and be able to use the one DAC conneted those channels on the UDIO-8 for centre and sub? I can't imagine how one DAC can play different frequencies to left and right but it must be possible.

Once it is confirmed that this is possible, I will play around with Audiolense routing get a better handle on them and then ask how to route them if need be.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You can use the 2.0 config for Audiolense if you stick to stereo playbac For multichannel formats you should pick 5.1. This will work for stereo as well, with the right settings in jriver (fixed format, unused channels play silence).

Trdat

You can use the 2.0 config for Audiolense if you stick to stereo playbac For multichannel formats you should pick 5.1. This will work for stereo as well, with the right settings in jriver (fixed format, unused channels play silence).

I think I got both my forums threads confused. So for this thread is a triamped stereo considered 5.1 or 2.0? Just to clarify.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
A triamp stereo can do both. It depends on the source. If you watch a movie you will typically have 5.1 coming through, and you will route the surrounds, center and sub tothe left and right speaker. All this will be specified in the 5.1 config from Audiolense and taken care of as part of the convolution process.

And the same applies to playback of regular stereo ( 2.0 )

Top Bottom