+10dB LFE Amplification not working

NMixes

Registered
Hello everyone!

I have "10dB Amplification of LFE" checked on my speaker setup but the simulated result doesnt reflect that (confirmed by measuring with REW) is there a setting I'm missing? It used to work before

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 11.36.31 a.m..png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 11.36.31 a.m..png
    285.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

wus

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Windows 10 PC
Computer Audio
1: ESI Maya22USB and an iSEMcon EMX-7150 microphone for measurements; 2: LogiLink UA0099 USB Sound Card for music output;
Front Speakers
2 x JBL 305P MkII
Did you check "10dB Amplification of LFE" before or after linearization with REW?

NMixes

Registered
Did you check "10dB Amplification of LFE" before or after linearization with REW?

It's checked before creating the filters in Audiolense, when appying the filters and measuring with REW it shows the same result as the prediction.

jjazdk

How do you confirm it with REW?

The 10dB amplification is only for the LFE input channel, so you will not see it if you measure left or right front channels.

wus

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Windows 10 PC
Computer Audio
1: ESI Maya22USB and an iSEMcon EMX-7150 microphone for measurements; 2: LogiLink UA0099 USB Sound Card for music output;
Front Speakers
2 x JBL 305P MkII
Unfortunately I don't know Audiolense.

Typical room EQ systems will try to equalize ups and downs in the overall frequency response, including the sub/LFE. In other words, if you first select +10dB for the LFE and then run REW or similar (Audiolense?), it will interpret it as an unwanted non-linearity and equalize it away. That way you would get the response that you pictured above.

If you want your LFE to bei 10dB louder than the other speakers, you should run REW (Audiolense?) first without activating the extra amplification and switch it on only after applying the EQ that REW/Audiolense calculated.

NMixes

Registered
Unfortunately I don't know Audiolense.

Typical room EQ systems will try to equalize ups and downs in the overall frequency response, including the sub/LFE. In other words, if you first select +10dB for the LFE and then run REW or similar (Audiolense?), it will interpret it as an unwanted non-linearity and equalize it away. That way you would get the response that you pictured above.

If you want your LFE to bei 10dB louder than the other speakers, you should run REW (Audiolense?) first without activating the extra amplification and switch it on only after applying the EQ that REW/Audiolense calculated.

not using REW to EQ, just for measuring

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Yes that looks odd. Please send me the measurement and I'll try to sort it out.

Top Bottom