Woofer integration with REW and eqAPO

wus

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Windows 10 PC
Computer Audio
1: ESI Maya22USB and an iSEMcon EMX-7150 microphone for measurements; 2: LogiLink UA0099 USB Sound Card for music output;
Front Speakers
2 x JBL 305P MkII
I am trying to add a (sub-)woofer to a prototype line array built from very small drivers, using REW and eqAPO. I measured and EQed both units successfully, and added low and high passes in eqAPO. Individually measured, they both have smooth frequency responses:

Screenshot 2021-12-25 19.05.37.png

However, measured together, they don't add up well:

Screenshot 2021-12-25 19.12.10.png

Do you agree that this is likely due to timing misalignment between the line array and the sub? They are at different distances from the mic: 1.50m from the line array, but 2.00m from the woofer. (You can see a photo of the setup at https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/eqapo-ignores-lr8-filters-set-up-in-rew.9814/)

This is how my eqAPO setup looks now: Since I have only one line array, I set Windows to mono, so L and R channels should have identical signals. In eqAPO I select L to be my main output, and R for the woofer.

Screenshot 2021-12-25 19.29.43.png

I found the alignment tools in REW, and they seem to work. But how can I now find out what delay I need to add in eqAPO to align the woofer with the line array?

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
The alignment tool will calculate the delay needed to align the phase of the sub or subs and mains.
To begin with, the measurements must be made with a timing reference. If you’re using a usb mic then check REW’s help files for acoustic timing reference.

Take measurements separately with the XO active for the left, right, and sub. The sub must be measured using the left or right channel with the corresponding main off.

One you have these measurements using them with the alignment tool will be reasonably straightforward.
Here’s a brief alignment tool example:

Top Bottom