Windows 10 REW no sound through USB to Minidsp 2x4HD

Shimei

Hi
I was using REW successfully but all of a sudden I can no longer output any signal to my 2x4hd through the USB.
I'm using latest RC9 and java.
I see the minidsp in my sound settings in Windows.
I'm lost as to why all of a sudden output stopped. I also tried to disable Windows defender from blocking the app. I'm not certain if this is not the case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Shimei

Make sure the 2x4HD input selection hasn't changed.

Hi,
It hasn't. It is on USB.
I've checked the driver for the 2x4HD and it says by Minidsp.
I'm totally lost as to what the issue might be.

Question, if Windows Defender is blocking REW how would I see that? I've also disabled app blocking in Windows Defender, rebooted, plugged the 2x4HD in which communicates w/ the Minidsp plugin but nothing out of REW.

sam_adams

Does the 2x4HD output sound from the test section in the Playback Devices dialog?

If not, uninstall the device using the Device Manager:

Unplug the 2x4HD.

Open Device Manager.

Go to the View menu and select 'Show hidden devices'.

Right-click on the 2x4HD and select Uninstall device from the popup menu. If prompted to delete the drivers, do so.

Check the Programs and Features Control Panel item for the driver for the 2x4HD. If there, uninstall it.

Reboot.

Follow the MiniDSP instructions for installing the drivers and device.

Shimei

Does the 2x4HD output sound from the test section in the Playback Devices dialog?

If not, uninstall the device using the Device Manager:

Unplug the 2x4HD.

Open Device Manager.

Go to the View menu and select 'Show hidden devices'.

Right-click on the 2x4HD and select Uninstall device from the popup menu. If prompted to delete the drivers, do so.

Check the Programs and Features Control Panel item for the driver for the 2x4HD. If there, uninstall it.

Reboot.

Follow the MiniDSP instructions for installing the drivers and device.

Much appreciate your time but the above didn't work.
I do not have sound through the minidsp when I test from within Windows test tone nor is there any sound from REW. However, the Minidsp is fully functional within the Minidsp plugin.

Shimei

And both my computers are the same way both my Laptop and PC. I can't be the only person running into these issues....

Shimei

Don't know if this may help:

sam_adams

On a wild guess; did you happen to change the input source on the 2x4HD to something other than USB?

Shimei

Just an update. I am unable on both a PC and Laptop to get any sound using the Mindsp 2x4HD connected to USB. However, I found a solution, I just ran the USB directly into my SMSL M400 DAC and can generate the signals or play music on the Laptop and there's sound. Seems there's some kind of conflict w/ the Minidsp USB driver and Windows ..... can't figure it out.
And I appreciate your help @sam_adams with regard to uninstalling device w/ device manager and deleting drivers etc. I thought this should work but it didn't.
Anyhoot, I'm content now that I am able to use REW once again.

Shimei

This is highly embarrassing because it should of been my first step. I power cycled the unit by unplugging it and waiting a minute and then plugging it back in. Now the 2x4HD's USB works!
Thanks everyone for your help!

Top Bottom