Which Pink Noise to use matching Subwoofer & Main speakers loudness.

narut titayangkurn

Hi there
During the weekend, I tried to match the subwoofer level with the main speakers with pink noise section in REW's generator.
My mic is UMIK-1
I measured the main speakers with Speaker Cal Pink noise and subwoofer with Sub Cal pink noise.
even though the SPL meter said loudness is the same. I could hear the loudness difference.

1- Which Pink noise is the right one that I must use to match sub and main together? REW has three types of pinknoise
2- in order to make sub-main speaker crossover section phase correct. Which signal should I use in the generator section?

Thank you very very much.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Those are the right signals to use, but they will always be an approximation since the SPL meter is showing what amounts to an average level over the signal bandwidth. For more accurate level matching the responses should be measured.

narut titayangkurn

Those are the right signals to use, but they will always be an approximation since the SPL meter is showing what amounts to an average level over the signal bandwidth. For more accurate level matching the responses should be measured.
Do you mean I should measure the loudness of the sub-main integration with a regular sweep from 20-20000 Hz?
Thank you

Top Bottom