REW Beta Release Waterfall Error on REW 5.20 RC6

Hi Jhon,
During the numerous to verify the correct functioning of the measurement system I found a processing error during the generation of the Waterfall that blocks the program.
My system currently uses a virtual machine
openjdk version "1.8.0_282"
S.O. Raspian OS 64bit
Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v8 + # 1403 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 22 11:37:54 GMT 2021 aarch64 GNU / Linux
I'm sending you the log files so you can investigate.

Greetings
Antonio

Attachments

• rew_output.txt
    459.5 KB · Views: 8
  • roomeq_wizard0.log.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 11
  • roomeq_wizard1.log.txt
    60.1 KB · Views: 10

John Mulcahy

REW Author
See this thread, if the installer shows a GUI there should be a screen to select use of OpenGL.

G29

If I enable Use OpenGL in Debian Buster, the entire REW app starts all blacked out. Is there a specific OpenGL version requirement for REW in Linux ?

Thanks in Advance

sam_adams

If I enable Use OpenGL in Debian Buster, the entire REW app starts all blacked out. Is there a specific OpenGL version requirement for REW in Linux ?

By any chance are you running with an NVidia display adapter?

I installed OpenGL on Raspbian with the command
sudo apt-get install mesa-utils
tested to verify operation
but REW behaves strangely, it continues to have an almost totally dark representation but the waterfall works without errors but the presentation is almost all black.
I attach the photos
thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-23_17-22-57.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-23_17-22-57.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 12
  • testewhaterfall con opengl.jpg
    testewhaterfall con opengl.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I guess that the Java runtime isn't entirely happy with the OpenGL implementation. Worth checking (or attaching) the log files folder in case there are any related error messages.

I tried to install the latest version of Oracle java 1.8.281, but the installation does not start and an error immediately.
Attached the log file. to give me some help because I just can't solve the problem of getting OpenGL to work correctly with Java to correct the display problem.
Although I think this error is due to something else and not the problem between Java and OpenGL.
Thanks so much

Attachments

• Error_install_REW-Java-1.8.281.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 11
In the 32-bit version of the Raspbian operating system, despite not having OpenQL enabled, everything works correctly.
In this version I installed the java virtual machine 1.8.241 without activating OpenGL and in REW 5.20 RC6 the waterfall works correctly.

Attachments

• waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 11

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The installation error was caused by trying to install a headless runtime, no display and no audio in that. Good to see the 32-bit runtime works.

Even with the 64-bit open Java machine it works and Rew installs without problems but the waterfall doesn't work and gives an error.
I don't understand why with the 32-bit Java machine on 32bit operating system everything works while on 64-bit operating system and 64-bit java machine everything works except the waterfall which requires OpenGL.
Unfortunately I tried to enable OpenGL but apparently it has some problems working with OpenJdk 1.8.
This I am very sorry because with the 64-bit version the performances are much higher in terms of RTA update speed and operation in general.

Top Bottom