Voxengo CurveEQ VST for replicating REW curves in DAWS when Equalizer APO is using WDM

Tgorle

I've been using Equalizer APO to apply REW EQ profiles in Windows 10 using the WDM Stereo outputs into powered monitors, but my DAW is set up with MADI I/O, so here's a relatively cheap method to replicate the REW EQ's in a VST that can be applied last in the chain to the stereo master bus. The Voxengo Curve EQ plugin is about $79 and you can draw independent L/R curves so your monitoring environment remains consistent between DAW and Windows playback... (these are not perfect, but you get the idea). If anyone has better suggestions for VST plugin control in this situation, please chime in. Thanks!

Tgorle

Oh, I forgot to add that the Voxengo CurveEQ has been a free built-in VST in Cubase/Nuendo since v7... Also, I measure L/R from 7 points surrounding my "sweet spot", then Vector and Min Phase the SPL All of every Left and then Right to settle on one general profile for each side. Let me know if there's a more accurate way. Thanks.

Update info: Set the plugin to Dual Mono under ROUTING, you can then load a CSV from REW into the Plugin for each side... since this doesn't provide parametric function for Q, the freq/gain points for tight spikes can be manually exaggerated to get your curve to best match the goal visually... OR open your Excel CSV file and zoom an image of the REW curve to manually add as many freq/gain points as you like... I was able to dial in exact replicas of the REW curves with about 120 points in the CSV file, focusing on tighter frequency measurements around the sharper peaks/dips..

Last edited:

Tgorle

...this is what happens when a guy makes a post after discovering something, then discovers something even better... Forget EQ... :cool: Convolution VSTs are better... Here's a free one
hXXps://impulserecord.com/project/convology-xt-plugin/

Just export your stereo filtered IR from REW and load it, set the MIX to 100%, adjust your output level to avoid clipping the bus... done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom