Using UMIK-1 with a Universal Audio PC interface (Apollo X6)

srich12

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Avantone CLA-100
Computer Audio
Universal Audio: Apollo X6
Hi!

I'm a total newbie to REW, but an able-bodied music producer. I was surprised to find that, in the REW preferences, I didn't find an option to select the UMIK-1 as the input (using ASIO4ALL), and my Apollo X6 as the output (which has its own ASIO driver).
When I select one, it disables the other, and vice-versa.
Does anyone know a workaround?
Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
ASIO4All, like FlexASIO, is a wrapper that makes multiple devices look like a single ASIO device, because the ASIO spec requires inputs and output to come from the same device. In any ASIO wrapper you need to choose the devices it will be wrapping, in ASIO4All in its control panel or with FlexASIO REW provide a control panel.

srich12

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Avantone CLA-100
Computer Audio
Thanks John. The problem is that I can't select my Apollo device under ASIO4ALL, and I can't select the UMIK-1 under the Apollo ASIO driver.

srich12

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Avantone CLA-100
Computer Audio
To clarify: I can't select them both at the same time, which would be necessary to play a sweep and record it at the same time

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When you say you can't select them at the same time, do you mean both appear on the ASIO4All control panel but there is some issue when you have one selected and you try to select the other? Is the Apollo set up for 48 kHz? The UMIK only runs at 48k.

Top Bottom