Using REW for a U-DIO8 triamped speakers

Trdat

I am curious if there is any way I can use REW with a convolution that is prepared for a triamp system? I have the simulated result in Audiolense, but it would be great to see the filters in action and its performance in room. I just can't imagine how REW can route any channels like how JRiver does. Perhaps, I use the Jriver WMD driver? Would that allow for me to use REW with the test tone going through my triamp system...?

G29

@Trdat , You can use the WMD driver to send a left or right signal to your JRMC's convolution/tri-amp configuration and measure the aggregate results in REW. If you want to see the results of each XO, you will have to disable 2 of your 3 channels per side (in JRMC or turning off amps) and measure the the low/mid/highs individually.

REW also has the ability to generate sweep files that can then be played by a separate player and then measured in REW. I don't know if this applies to REW's tone generator, but is a helpful feature in some configurations (e.g. using a CDP player and a laptop).

HTH

Top Bottom