Unable to see Dutch & Dutch 8c option in latest 5.20 RC13b

aps

A while back I installed 5.20 Beta 56 and conducted a bunch of measurements of our Dutch & Dutch 8c as per this manual. Now, months later, I've updated to 5.20 RC and no longer have the option of the 8c being listed as an option under Measurements / Playback. The machine running REW is on the same network as the 8c and is able to open a web-page that allows one to change the speaker settings so I'm guessing that the problem isn't network related. Any suggestions as to potential reasons and/or how to diagnose?

matthewstyles

Registered
More  
Front Speakers
dutch & dutch 8c
Hello having the same issue. was working totally fine, and now I have moved my room around and reconnected but REW doesn't see the 8c anymore. If I try lanspeaker one shows up andct if I try the serial both show. I have tried the speaker connected directly via an ethernet and it still doesn't show in REW. Once one speaker appeared in the dropdown for a second and disappeared again.
I even updated to latests version, really frustrating as I can't work atm.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You'll probably need to talk to D&D. REW logs information about communication attempts, the location of the log files is shown in the About REW dialog. The rew_output.txt file is the main source of diagnostic info for 8c comms. Can attach it here and I'll see if anything jumps out.

matthewstyles

Registered
More  
Front Speakers
dutch & dutch 8c
thanks... seems like something going on with it there, see attached

Attachments

• rew_output.txt
    162.5 KB · Views: 11

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Generally no response, except for one occasion perhaps when you directly connected a speaker. Seems like a network configuration issue, computer and speakers not on the same network or not getting IP addresses. The log shows a 169 address, that can mean the computer cannot connect to the DHCP server for the network to get a network address.

Top Bottom