Unable to Save SoundCard (Interface) Calibration

Monochrome

Registered
Hello -

Just getting back to REW; installed the current Mac version (5.18) as well as the beta (5.19 Beta 8).
I am able to calibrate with a loopback cable, with the result a quite flat response down to 30Hz, and steep roll-off below 10Hz; otherwise flat up to over 20kHz.

However, I cannot save the calibration. When I choose "Make Cal", a dialogue appears for "Soundcard Cal File Notes"; not matter what I enter in this dialogue (even if I leave it blank), no further Save dialogue appears where I might specify the name and location of the calibration file.

I have tried with both versions. Re-started also. No luck.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4 with all updates
Latest MOTU audio drivers

Any advice would be much appreciated.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Odd. REW saves diagnostic logs in the user's home directory, the location is displayed in the Help -> About REW window. The logs contain information from the last 10 startups, including any error messages or warnings that may have been generated. On OS X the logs are in a folder called REW in the user library folder, which no longer appears in Finder by default. To display it either browse to ~/Library/Logs or open your Home folder in Finder (Shift Command + H), select View > Show View Options then select the checkbox to show the library folder. There may be some helpful error information in the logs, please check them and post anything you find here.

A possibility is the path that had previously been used is no longer available, that might cause an issue. To reset the paths you will need to remove the stored preferences, using the Delete preferences and shut down entry in the Preferences menu.

Monochrome

Registered
Dear Mr. Mulcahy,
Thank you for the prompt response and expertise. Deleting the preferences and re-starting did the trick. Now I am able to save the calibration file...Onward to next steps!
Thank you for the fine support.

Top Bottom