Neumann KH 120
Front Wide Speakers
Event tuned 8
Surround Speakers
Neumann KH 120
Subwoofers
neumann KH 750
Hi,

I'm trying to calibrate my new MTRX studio interface with REW and just can't get it to work.

I've setted a loopback from my right output to my mic preamp. I see on the MTRX preamp meters that it receive the 1k tone when I launch the calibration. I also see the signal flowing in my DADman app that the signal is flowing from the output to the input. I am pretty sure I assignated the input correctly.

However, REW doesn't ''receive the input signal for the calibration to occur... I suspect this has to do with the fact that I'm running Dante virtual soundcard ''between'' the MTRX and my computer but I don't understand why.

Anybody has an insight to help me calibrate that soundcard?

thanks!
R

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2022-10-04 à 09.22.25.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-10-04 à 09.22.25.png
    34 KB · Views: 14

Robin Servant

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Avid MTRX studio
Front Speakers
Neumann KH 120
Center Channel Speaker
Neumann KH 120
Front Wide Speakers
Event tuned 8
Surround Speakers
Neumann KH 120
Subwoofers
neumann KH 750
No, the Right output is going into input 1. I see the meter going up on the card but REW doesnt receive it for some reason...

Robin Servant

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
Avid MTRX studio
Front Speakers
Neumann KH 120
Center Channel Speaker
Neumann KH 120
Front Wide Speakers
Event tuned 8
Surround Speakers
Neumann KH 120
Subwoofers
neumann KH 750
John: Yes, REW has the permission to access the mic.

DanDan: I don't necesseraly need it, but since it's in the procedure to calibrate the soundcard, I thought i would be good to follow the manual.

I ve done further tests with a calibration mic, and the same goes for the mic as the loopback: REW doesnt receive the signal of the mic. the channels are routed OK, because i can hear pink noise from ehatever speaker i need to but ther's just no signal from the mic (wich I see the soundcard is receiving) gettin through to REW...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The info suggests REW is getting input data, but the data is all zeroes, e.g. because nothing is getting routed to it or the path is muted somewhere. Worth trying REW directly accessing some other interface (even the mac's built-in audio) to check it can get data from other sources.

DanDan

Staff member
Historically ProTools has never played nice with other software. You might be able to do something using the Aggregate Device facility. But personally I would use/borrow a simpler interface or ideally a UMIK-1 and fuggedaboudid.

Top Bottom